Carnation

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Can anyone tell me what color this is? I can't find it anywhere in the forum. thanks!

2. #2 Sep 16, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
    Did you see something on a website (other than BV) called Carnation? It could be an arbitrary color name. Bluefly used to call Elephant, "Mud." I must have emailed them 10 times about that and finally they changed it. Now they have Rose and Cranberry BVs...whatever the heck they are. Saks and NM are also famous for calling colors by arbitrary names. Saks is calling Opera by the name Plum.

To see the pinks and red this season, look on this page: http://forum.purseblog.com/bottega-veneta-color-reference/color-reference-by-seasons-418501-3.html

3. Yes it was on a bag on HGbags. I guess we'll really see what it looks like when it gets here next week.:biggrin: It is a red, but I didn't have anything to compare it to or have ever seen it IRL so I was wondering if there were any photos here but couldn't find any so I asked. I wonder if the name is really cardinal as it is a fall 2010 as I looked at the color link you posted above.

Anyway, I'll post it next week. It's a Campana.

I have another BV I received for a birthday present a few months ago. Been slow on getting a reveal done. It's my first BV. Not sure of the name of it. It is from Neiman's and is a very unusual runway bag. I'll post them both together :biggrin:

Thank you Jburgh for responding.

4. If you PM me the code on the authenticity tag, I will research the color for you.

5. Funny, when I saw carnation I thought white. :lol:

6. Do you think it might be Cardinal?

7. I will when it gets here. Thank you so much, you're the best.

8. I saw the carnation and I thought it was probably cardinal. Let us know. It was a pretty color.

9. maybe carmino????