Carmino bags on the "mature" woman

I'm closer to 50 than to 30 (when exactly did that happen?) and my carmino Montaigne is on its way to me right now (actually got a call this morning from DHL that it should be delivered today!) so you know what my answer is going to be!!

Actually, until my BV obsession began a month or so ago I had really never had a bag in a colour other than black - but I tend to wear all black clothes 90% of the time, and so I am now thinking that a pop of colour in a bag is exactly what I now need!

And someone mentioned that red wasn't a good colour to wear with purple - but isn't there that growing movement of "mature" women who do just that... there is some poem about growing old with style and wearing purple with a red hat (or vice versa) so they get together in purple and red and live it up?!?!

BookerMoose, you are so right about the red hats. And I do love purple and red. I am so excited to hear bout your newest bag purchase. How many BVs do you have in your collection. Won't the carmino be your fourth?

When I win the lottery, I will purchase a carmino medium veneta AND an ebano veneta, or maybe the campana in ebano instead. Then I might get a noce pyramid.

I have a great imagination!

P.S. I ordered a nero old ball from Saks about an hour ago and my heart is still racing. It only took me 2 months to decide. This will be my second bv.

BookerMoose, I am so excited to hear bout your newest bag purchase. How many BVs do you have in your collection. Won't the carmino be your fourth?

You are correct - somehow I have gone from never having heard of BV about two months ago to as of today owning FOUR Montaignes (nero, noce, bianco and today's carmino). I think that has to be it for me for a while!!

I agree with everyone that the carmino color is appropriate for all ages, just takes the right attitude and color combination. This is a red that blends well with most colors, even ones that you would think are no-no's. If it were brighter tending towards vermillion, it would be a whole different story. If you are used to carrying dark neutral bags, go for a small item to lessen the pop of color.