Carly's corners are getting worn

Aug 27, 2007
:crybaby:I have been noticing that the 4 bottom corners of my Signature Carly are starting to wear out, the fabric is starting to rub away, especially the one that always sits on the front towards my body. I have only been carrying her for about 1 month and I am very gentle on my purses.

Is anybody else having this problem?

I mentioned this to a SA and showed her my bag and she told me to rotate my bags more often so that this would not happen:s. I was a little shocked that she thought that would be the only solution:wtf:.

:crybaby:I have been noticing that the 4 bottom corners of my Signature Carly are starting to wear out, the fabric is starting to rub away, especially the one that always sits on the front towards my body. I have only been carrying her for about 1 month and I am very gentle on my purses.

Is anybody else having this problem?

I mentioned this to a SA and showed her my bag and she told me to rotate my bags more often so that this would not happen:s. I was a little shocked that she thought that would be the only solution:wtf:.

I've had mine for about 3 months now and I use her about 50% of the time and I haven't had any problems so far *knocks on wood*. Some SAs are better than others. I think I'd talk to someone else.

That does not seem like an acceptable solution to me. If you pay $400 dollars for a bag then I would expect to be able to use it all the time and have it not wear out in the corners. A few of my friends have some signature totes that started fraying at the corners. Maybe they can switch it to a leather one or maybe there is something you can treat it with like a scotchguard spray.

Hmmm...I've been tough on my Carly and she is still in perfect condition...I would take her to another store or talk to another SA and explain what happened, they may try to repair her or replace her for you.

This is part of the reason why I havent bought a Carly (at least so far!) Twice now I have seen women returning/complaining about/sending for repairs sig Carly's in the boutique because they said they hadnt had them long and they looked very used and abused. In addition to the bottom 4 corners their bags also looked very worn in the slouchy part at the top of the bag by the zipper. I think it is the style of the bag- and the fact that it has pointy bottom corners with very little leather to protect them. I would bring it back to the store and complain. For such an expensive bag it should not be showing wear so fast. If you can I would get a new one in leather. I feel like they should be making the sig Carlys a lot more durable than they currently are.

I agree that you should talk to another SA. That's a lot to pay for a bag to wear out so quickly. I just bought a siggy Bleecker Flap, but it has a leather bottom, so I am not as worried as I would have been about a Carly.

Ok...so I just got back from the outlet store, and I had Carly with me and decided to show the outlet SA my corners and she says "well, thats what happens when a spot keeps getting rubbed." OMG :shocked: !!! I wonder if the leather corners hold up better????

I've had my Choc. Lg. Sig. Carly for months now, and I've never really been as gentle as I should have w/ it. I haven't had any wearing at the corners. On one of the "C's" though, there is a thread sticking out, but it's barely noticable.

And I've been using my Khaki/Black Lg. Sig. Carly for about 2 months non-stop now...and there are no problems "knock-on-wood" yet. That should not have happened to you. I'd call Coach's customer service and see what they can do for you. Maybe they will repair it. Rotating your bags is not the only solution. Let's say this is your first bag and you don't have others to rotate w/ or that you really love the bag and you want to continuously use it. After paying nearly $400 for a bag, I'd say you should be entitled to use it as often as you like!

I'm sorry this happened to you:flowers: Don't worry, I'm sure if you call about it, they can repair it for you.