carly issues

Soon2bMrs.B

Apr 22, 2008
Hello everyone! I just stumbled across this site several days after buying my first Coach purse! I ended up buying a slim carly. The drop was a little longer than the regular medium carly. Which wouldn't be an issue in the summer, but in winter by the time you have on bulkier clothes and a coat, I thought it might be a little snug under the arm. I love the look of this purse and the size is perfect for me. I have one big issue that has me questioning returning this purse--I can't keep this thing on my shoulder! It is constantly slipping off! Anyone else have a slim carly with this same problem? I really don't want to part ways with this purse, so if anyone has any advice that would be great!!

I, too, love the Carly but I couldn't keep it on my shoulder at all. Some people suggested those heel slip guards that you can put in your shoes but that didn't work either. My shoulders are pretty boney and they couldn't keep it up at all...it was very annoying.

I am not sure if it is just some of the Carlys, but the wide piece on my strap is the patent leather. Will these stick to that and stay without sliding off? That is a great idea though and will be well worth it if it works. I love my purse and I don't want to take it back!

I have owned several medium/large Carlys and never had a problem.. went to try on a slim Carly and the thing kept sliding off when I realized the strap was patent.. it's cute but I really don't know what Coach was thinking.. I mean come on! :tdown: