Carly bag:

Adore

"BLONDIE"
Sep 17, 2006
I really love the new Carly bags, but something's got me about them.... that metal clasp on the strap. I think it hurts the style of the bag, but otherwise I love it. I can't get over that clasp, though. (the clasp that makes it so you could probably unattached it if you wanted to. I like the hardware, though.)

Anyone else feel the same way-- it's kind of... I don't know, it looks cheap for some reason, and I think there's a better way to describe it than that but I can't think of another way. Unreliable? Unsure? I want to love this bag entirely, but that clasp is making me not want to buy it or own it, but love it otherwise. I am upset about this because it is a really nice style besides that.

I just saw them in person at the Coach section in Macy's and ... here I am!

I know that clasp is on a lot of other Coach bags and I don't like them either. Why do I hate that thing so much??

are you talking about the dogleash clasp?

if so, i'm sorry but i must disagree. I think the dogleash is so attractive, and i love it on all their bags/accessories. I think I like the dogleash as much as I like the turnlock, and I think the dogleash and turnlocks look so good on the carly and add a lot to it. To me, it makes the bag.

I don't know why I don't like it... I think because it is just such a familiar piece of hardware. I like the turnlocks a lot, but the clasp... I feel like I'm not getting it and I really really want to because I can tell it's not going away any time soon. It's the ONE thing I don't like, but it's to the point that it ruins it for me.

Aw, that's too bad that it ruins it for you. For me, I absolutely love that part of the bag! I want to get a couple of bags with the dogleash clasp because I like that detail so much! There are other bags though to love even if you don't like that particular detail.

I don't know if it's the hardware or what it is, but the Carly just isn't for me. I can see objectively that it's a nice bag and it looks fabulous in the pics people have posted here, but it just isn't right for me.