Carla Mancini bags?

ZsaZsasCloset

Aug 8, 2008
Anybody heard of her? Have a bag of hers? How is the leather quality?

Hautelook is having a sample sale of her stuff right now and there is a really cute fringed bag that I'd like to pick up, but not if its cheaply made.

What do you guys think?

I used to work at a boutique in NY that sold her hadbags. I have three of her bags but gave two to my sister and she likes them. She uses good quality leather and good workmanship.

I saw them as well on Hautelook seriously considering buying one. I'm waiting for my wife to get back to the office to see if she likes them and if I can beg and cohorce her into letting me buy one for her. Wish me luck!

Here are a few that I like. My fav is the whitewashed one. I like that it could be used with handles or a shoulder strap.

Any of you girls who own one please let us know what you think. I read some older reviews from 2007 on TPF but would like some current thoughts. Most were good reviews but there were a couple of not so good ones.

Attachments

• CM884_OFFWHITE_2.jpg
    CM884_OFFWHITE_2.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 212
  • CM884_WHTWASHED_2.jpg
    CM884_WHTWASHED_2.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 237
  • CM857_TAN_1.jpg
    CM857_TAN_1.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 190
  • CM858_TAN_5.jpg
    CM858_TAN_5.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 193
  • CM877_TAN_1.jpg
    CM877_TAN_1.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 225
Her bags are featured on ideeli now. I've never heard of them before so I searched tPF and found this thread. I like the look of this bag.

Attachments

• Carla Mancini.jpg
    Carla Mancini.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 248
I was just looking in here to see what thoughts were on those bags. I've never heard of her bags until last week. I picked up a beautiful bronze one at Annie Sez. It's so unbelievably buttery soft and seems well made.

She was a little better known about four years ago. I would compare her bags to those of Tresje - same soft buttery leather. Her bags I remember always had an edge, like she defied style or perhaps was ahead of the times. I almost bought one but ended up with something else. The quality is good.