Carker or Bayswater

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Sep 29, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
    I have been thinking of shifting from a Mulberry Bayswater to an Anya Hindmarch Carker.I quite fancy the metallic pebbled leather as I already have a Black Bellini.I would be glad of your views about the Carker versus the Bayswater ,also any experience of Anya s metallics? Thanks.

2. I know how the Bayswater looks like, but I've never seen the Carker. Sooo, pictures please ;)

3. Ditto

4. AH Carker, it's not as mainstream.

5. Oh my word, I've seen the carker in anthracite it is LOVELY! It isn't quite as structured as the previous carker's as the leather is v.soft, but still lust worthy.

Great dilemma between the two, I love both!

Attached Files:

6. Oh and can't help on her metallics as don't own any (yet :graucho:) but all the bags I have from Anya Hindmarch are fabulous quality and fab attention to even the smallest detail.

7. Bayswater! I like the bays shape better, the AH one has a bit of an awkward shape and not in a good way in my opinion... sort of like a men's weekend bag but not quite... and I have seen men's bags that are way better looking than that... that's just my 2 cents :shrugs: but you should go with your instinct and what works best with your wardrobe :smile:

8. While I like the Carker the Bays gets my vote between the two.

9. Mulberry!

10. Mulberry. I'm not loving the shape of the Carker.

11. I have never seen the carker IRL but I love this general shape of bag. I have s somewhat similar shaped Prada in pink and brown suede and it's great for seeing all your stuff inside and structured enough to hold everything securely.

12. I prefer the Bays.

13. One more vote for the Bayswater :yes:.

14. I have Bays and I love it to bits. It's one of the best every day handbags IMHO. You can dress it up or down. The Carker will only look lovely if your wardrobe is very pull together but it's a bit hard to pull off if you're very casual, jeans and tshirt kind of gal like me.

15. Thanks everyone, I agree the Bays is a better shape with good proportions. I suppose I am just in the mood for a change and have been influenced by the smaller bags that are about at the moment !