Caring for Harewood/Firewood

B. Jara

O.G.
Oct 30, 2005
In my quest for finding a Harewood Matinee, these questions have come to mind.....

For those of you that own bags with this leather, do you feel it scratches easily, similar to the Chocolate leather?

If so, do you feel they are removable/less noticeable with a bit of conditioner?

Thanks! :flowers:

i have both the harewood mattie and the harewood mac, and i've used both a few times...have not noticed any scratches. however, the leather does feel like it would scratch easily since it's not really glazed. if i use run my nails lightly over it, it does leave some imprint but can 98% be buffed out. i don't think it's as easily scratched as the chocolate though, from what i've seen.

one thing that i did notice that is very, very weird....i've unfortunately gotten caught a couple times in sprinkling/drizzling rain with a few RMs, and all of them dry up without a mark or any sign of wetness....however, one day i was caught with the harewood MAC and even after it dried, some of the rain drops left water marks...like slightly raised leather from where the water drop was...so i'm not sure what happened there. always meant to raise the question here to see if any other harewood owners experienced this. quite strange.

I just got a Harewood MAM and I have to say the leather is beautiful and almost silky feeling, but it does scratch easily. I treated it with Apple leather care and Apple Garde, but it still scratched. I buff the scratches out with the conditioner and they seem to go away. This leather is absolutely wonderful !

I also have a Chocolate Mini Nikki, and that leather scratches way more.

See now, I have the harewood mattie and don't think mine scratches hardly ever!!!

I do NOT baby my bags, and scratches she has had easily buffed out. I think I did an apple guard spray when I got her (don't really remember). All in all, this is one of my most durable bags.

I don't baby my harewood nikki at all and have had no issues with scratching; however, I think this particular leather, with the old brass hardware, looks wonderful the more broken in it is. I wouldn't be upset about a scratch or two.