Caring for different calfskin items.

Just to note, I have tried Saphir rénovateur on my light colored (coral) calfskin and unfortunately, it stained my leather. I thought the stain would dry but it never did. :doh: I messaged the guys at the hangerproject but they didn't reply to me at all (speaking of customer service). At the end, it looks like color transfer but it was from the application of the rénovateur. lesson learnt, never apply that on light colored calfskin. Now I'm scared to buy any light colored leather bags :confused1:

I'm so sorry to hear that. It worked pretty well with my black bag. Thanks for the warning. I won't be using it on the lighter color bags.

Hi everyone.

I just bought Chanel calfskin espadrilles and I have noticed that it wrinkles so much already when trying to slip on and off.

My question is, is this leather too delicate that it might crack or peel down the line?

Any suggestions on how to maintain it?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0199.JPG
    IMG_0199.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 730
Hi everyone.

I just bought Chanel calfskin espadrilles and I have noticed that it wrinkles so much already when trying to slip on and off.

My question is, is this leather too delicate that it might crack or peel down the line?

Any suggestions on how to maintain it?

Thanks

The pearlized espadrilles wrinkle more easily than regular leather unfortunately! Don't think you can avoid it as the ones I saw in the store were really wrinkly already

I use Saphir Renovateur for all of my Chanel bags. I also use their waterproof spray, but I have used Vectra water repellent spray previously and had no problems.

Hi! I’m brand new on here but know that this is where the most knowledgeable bag people are. I have an older Chanel doctors bag and it looked like it was drying out plus there were a lot of scratches on it. A friend recommended a product so I used that. It’s been 6 days and my bag still looks splotchy. I applied it with a rag and it’s possible I used too much? After I did it, the entire bag was a little darker but it had just had the product on it. I went out of town and left it at home but when I came back, some areas are back to the normal brown but some are still darker. I’m so scared that I ruined it. I used the same product on my balenciaga bags with no problems and they look amazing . Please help! Here are pics both with and without flash. I couldn’t start a thread yet so I hope this is where I need to be posting this. If not, please let me know. Thanks so much!

Hi! I’m brand new on here but know that this is where the most knowledgeable bag people are. I have an older Chanel doctors bag and it looked like it was drying out plus there were a lot of scratches on it. A friend recommended a product so I used that. It’s been 6 days and my bag still looks splotchy. I applied it with a rag and it’s possible I used too much? After I did it, the entire bag was a little darker but it had just had the product on it. I went out of town and left it at home but when I came back, some areas are back to the normal brown but some are still darker. I’m so scared that I ruined it. I used the same product on my balenciaga bags with no problems and they look amazing . Please help! Here are pics both with and without flash. I couldn’t start a thread yet so I hope this is where I need to be posting this. If not, please let me know. Thanks so much!

Attachments

• 4C70F298-A8A4-4030-B50E-B3AACA4654CB.jpeg
    4C70F298-A8A4-4030-B50E-B3AACA4654CB.jpeg
    237.7 KB · Views: 516
  • 65826B6D-22C2-4544-AD7D-DC209BDC2ACA.jpeg
    65826B6D-22C2-4544-AD7D-DC209BDC2ACA.jpeg
    161.9 KB · Views: 517
  • 33B34764-43FC-478D-8B3B-A53557909AB4.jpeg
    33B34764-43FC-478D-8B3B-A53557909AB4.jpeg
    343.4 KB · Views: 521
  • EDE98B56-A116-4AF7-8485-BE8435171316.jpeg
    EDE98B56-A116-4AF7-8485-BE8435171316.jpeg
    147.5 KB · Views: 525
  • 2A49B3B5-D4EC-4A31-AE1E-721A64436AC0.jpeg
    2A49B3B5-D4EC-4A31-AE1E-721A64436AC0.jpeg
    169.2 KB · Views: 522
I have a urban spirit in black smooth calfskin and would like to hear some thoughts on using Colonil Nanostop Spray on it. I have also saw posts here about Cadillac leather cream. Should I apply that on a new bag or do I only use that when the bag feels dry? Thx!

It will as it oxidises naturally but t's not that patchy, dirty yellow that white patent or vinyl gets. I have a white/natural python Chanel (and it's ancient) it looks a bit more ivory/creamy than when it was new overall but all leather shows patina in time.