Caring for different calfskin items.

wetbandit42

It's all uncharted
Oct 2, 2006
Sorry if this has been posted before, I did a search and couldn't find a definitive answer.

I just got a gray 227 with distressed calfskin. Do I need to pretreat it with some kind of spray? And if it gets dirty, how do I care for it? Is it durable like caviar? Thanks!

My red calf skin bag is getting kind of dirty from frequent use and I can see that its turning dirty. Is there a particularly good cleaning product that I can use to remove the dirt?

I have always used Lovingmybags products. They have a cream protector that repels staining from oils, liquids, inks, etc. They've got a website by that name. Other folks use and like Apple Guard.

Bring your bag into Chanel & see what can be done. The SA will give you a referral to products & places that'll help clean it up.

It can be hit or miss with Lovinmybags. I've had ok to poor results from them so I would exhaust all your other options before sending it in to them.

Also, I bought this bag only 4 months ago. I read somewhere there is a 1 year warranty on Chanel products? If I send it in, would they be able to clean it?

^ Yes, you're still under warranty. Contact your SA or give the store a call to see what you should do. Since Nordstrom/NM are close, you could bring it in there as well.

Sorry, was reading too fast. LMB's products have had good reviews on here. I was referring to LMB's services. Wouldn't recommend sending it in to them.

so obviously I didn't do any research before buying this bag as I had no clue what material it is made from... it was an impulse buy for my first chanel. It is not calf skin I apologize, but lamb skin. I read on this forum that lamb skin are terrible to clean/maintain. :sad: I think I will def send it into Chanel and be very careful about using it in the future.

Hi girls! I recently bought a Chanel wallet that is quilted with a real subtle Double C - problem is the look is Matt, and leather soft to the touch, and care tag says the Leather is carefully chosen but delicate, and prolonged exposure to lighter colors may cause color transfer?

I'm wondering what type of leather is this and how to care for it? Love d wallet for the soft feel but v worried about caring for it!

Any advice would be much appreciated! :heart: