Caring for Celine bags?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Spring Sale is now live! Serious savings on customer favorites - up to 40% off with free shipping and free returns. Shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I recently just bought my very first celine bag and I am in love with it! I went for the black micro luggage tote in drummed calfskin. For anyone out there who owns celine products especially of similarity to my bag, please help!
    How do you store your celine bag?
    Do you use any leather conditioner/water repelling spray?
    What products do you use?
    Have you ever used a handbag rain coat, or is that OTT?
    What can I do to avoid any damage or wear and tear?
    What area of your bags has worn the most if you have had it for a while?
    How do you clean it?
    Will the 'Celine Paris' metallic stamp fade??? If so how do I stop it from doing so?
    Anything else I can do to keep my new bag new?
    Thanks!

2. I have the black micro in smooth calfskin. I've had it since november and have used it every day. I use car interior detailing spray to clean it. I don't baby my bags so I have used it in a variety of environments and it's held up well, even the stamp.

3. Thank you! Good to hear that it is resilient! Especially the smooth, have you scratched it yet? I originally wanted the smooth but decided the pebbled leather would be better for me... especially since I'm kind of heavy handed!

4. Congratz on your purchase...it is def one of the best out there as I'm a huge fan of Celine luggages myself. Here's my experience with my Celine luggage which hopefully might help you...

How do you store your celine bag? In its storage bag in a box or in the closet.

Do you use any leather conditioner/water repelling spray? Yes to leather conditioner.

What products do you use? Saphir leather care balm (http://amzn.to/2aufucJ)

Have you ever used a handbag rain coat, or is that OTT? No. But where I live, heavy rain is not common. If it's just drizzle, I don't mind it...just make sure you have it dried completely when you get home before putting it away.

What can I do to avoid any damage or wear and tear? Just be careful. Corners might fade with wear, but that's expected with any leather bags. Be careful with inside with your makeup, lipsticks, etc. Since it's black, you won't have to worry too much about color transfer. Jeans is notorious, but black won't transfer much.

What area of your bags has worn the most if you have had it for a while? Bottom corners.

How do you clean it? Regular conditioning would clean it anyway. If I really wanted to clean, I usually use my Collonil cream (http://amzn.to/2aeH7FP). Inside I usually use a damp towel to wipe.

Will the 'Celine Paris' metallic stamp fade??? If so how do I stop it from doing so? Haven't experienced it yet and I have 3 luggages and one was purchased new in 2011-2012.

Anything else I can do to keep my new bag new? Not much. Just enjoy it.

YS1_ and geraldine.rmg like this.