Style Carine Roitfeld - Editor In Chief at French Vogue

dreamlet

Find Beauty in the Ordinary
O.G.
Oct 22, 2010
Carine Roitfeld was born in Paris, France on September 19, 1954. She began modeling when she was 19, after a British photographer’s assistant spotted her on the streets of Paris. However, she didn’t make it big, but still had a love for fashion.
Carine Roitfeld went on to become a writer and then a stylist for French Elle. While working as a freelance stylist, her daughter Julia was in a children’s fashion shoot for Italian Vogue Bambini, which was photographed by Mario Testino. Roitfeld and Testino teamed up soon there after, doing advertising work and photo shoots for American and French Vogue. Eventually Roitfeld worked as a consultant and muse for Tom Ford at Gucci and Yves Saint Laurent.
In 2001, she was offered the position of Editor In Chief at French Vogue. She has now held the position for seven years.

Attachments

• carine-roitfeld2.jpg
    carine-roitfeld2.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 3,472
  • carine-roitfeld-and-dauhter.jpg
    carine-roitfeld-and-dauhter.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 3,284

Attachments

• CarineRoitfeld.jpg
    CarineRoitfeld.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 20,760
  • carine.preview.jpg
    carine.preview.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 4,719
  • carine-roitfeld-gucci-07-show-in-prada-miniskirt-21.jpg
    carine-roitfeld-gucci-07-show-in-prada-miniskirt-21.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 4,002
She's fantastic! LOVE her too!!! (and I think French Vogue is better than US Vogue....don't flame me! LOL!!!!)

I agree with your statement 100%!! US vougue stylist show no personality/creativity in photo shoots, they just put the same ensemble that was shown on the runway, and just change up the hair and make up! If I wanted to go with only one designer head to toe, why would I need to buy the magazine!?!

a few more...

Attachments

• Carine_Roitfeld_And_Anna_Dello_Russo_At_New_York_Fashion_Week_Spring_2011.jpg
    Carine_Roitfeld_And_Anna_Dello_Russo_At_New_York_Fashion_Week_Spring_2011.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 3,508
  • Carine_Roitfeld_At_New_York_Fashion_Week_Spring_2011_leopard_coat.jpg
    Carine_Roitfeld_At_New_York_Fashion_Week_Spring_2011_leopard_coat.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 3,027
  • Carine_Roitfeld_Paris_Fashion_Week_Fall_Winter_2010_11.jpg
    Carine_Roitfeld_Paris_Fashion_Week_Fall_Winter_2010_11.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 2,833
  • carineroitfeld-110309.jpg
    carineroitfeld-110309.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 3,573