Careful with these jumbo flaps!

luv2run41

May 30, 2012
Not sure where to put this. I had the bag authenticated and deemed authentic by a professional authenticator. HOWEVER the exact bag is listed under 2 IDS and in 2 different countries. I would stay away just a warning. Whoever actually has the bag I emailed both sellers and the one took the listing down and just relisted. Same serial numbers:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251584044963?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
http://www.ebay.com/itm/321409012982?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

luv2run41

May 30, 2012
Just clicked on the listings .. and … it smells fishy :thinking:
I really don't get it. I sent both sellers an email and the one removed the listing then relisted. The one seller with the 220 feedback has many bags listed all on the same background and has all positive selling feedback. THe other seller has 10 feedback but none selling. Her pics (she claims) were stolen from the 220 feedback seller. I find that hard to believe when all the backgrounds are the same with the 220 feedback seller. I purchased the bag yest from the 10 feedback seller and then went through hours of calls to get my $$$ reversed to my credit card. I told the seller you cannot have two identical bags with same serial number and then she relists the bag again> I reported it again. Ridiculous but I am sure the bidding will start and someone will be out their $$$.

helenhandbag

May 17, 2014
Can't agree more!!!

I saw too many photos from TPF ended up with resellers on IG

And I hope OP gets the money back!
I never thought of watermarking my pics as I'm not selling/buying anyway, but this has just given the insight that I need to do that from now on when doing bag reveals, I'd feel dreadful if someone used my pic in a bid to sell a counterfeit. Great call ladies!

Vaninnocent

May 30, 2012
Chicago, IL
Woah that is SO crazy!! What a weird situation -- I'm SO wary of online resellers for this reason. The other week I was looking at a beige clair on Craigslist -- the seller wanted $3K for it or something like that. Was a jumbo. Anyway, she emailed me pictures and the authenticity code was one of those that routinely comes up as a fake. I emailed her and she about died with embarrassment -- we exchanged maybe 10 or so emails about it -- anyway, she said she was going to take it down. Did she? Nope.

calflu

Apr 3, 2012
Ban Island
I saw reveal pictures or pictures from SAs being stolen on IG.

And even resellers on IG watermarked their pix cuz theirs got stolen by others as well. Just FYI

I never thought of watermarking my pics as I'm not selling/buying anyway, but this has just given the insight that I need to do that from now on when doing bag reveals, I'd feel dreadful if someone used my pic in a bid to sell a counterfeit. Great call ladies!

qchickie

O.G.
Jan 29, 2008
Toronto
Great reminder about watermarking...
I'll have to start doing that for future reveals but that would mean I would need to buy more bags, LOL!

msxannie

Apr 29, 2014
That's really scary.. It never occurred to me that sellers could have stolen photos authenticated to make the sale. Haven't had the courage to purchase from eBay. +1 on watermarking!

But yeah, eBay makes it really easy for other sellers to use pictures from other people's listings.. All they have to do is click "Sell one like this" and eBay loads everything from description, price, and pictures..

Hope you get your money back :smile: