Careful . . . Hermes Is Watching You.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilyhermes

O.G.
Apr 23, 2008
I stopped by my local H. a couple of days ago and during the course of the visit had a nice long chat with the manager. In passing, I asked if she'd heard of tpf and the Hermes sub-forum. She said, "yes, of course" and had a rather bemused look on her face. I continued with, "well, is Hermes aware of the forum"? Her response (and not her exact words but close enough), Hermes is basically aware of everything that is said about them in the press, other media and on the internet, etc.

She went on to say that Hermes employs a company to monitor every public forum, blog, etc. in which they're discussed, which, of course, is smart of them and in their best interest.

And then it got very interesting . . . She said that many of the managers and sales assistants monitor the forum as well and are fully aware of what's being said about them personally or about their particular stores or about Hermes in general. I then said that since no one uses their actual name, Hermes can't really tell which customer is saying what. She laughed and said, oh, it's not so hard to figure out, particularly when people reveal what they bought and where they bought it.

Her advice seemed to be - just be aware of what you post, be it positive or negative, as it may be seen by more eyes than you'd like it to. And who knows; some may be taking names and making notes!

She also cautioned about posting thanks to certain stores and assistants for above-the-norm effort. Apparently it can backfire and actually get a store or an SA in trouble. She explained that if they go out of their way to assist a customer, and it's outside of the Hermes modus operandi so to speak, there can be consequences, and it hinders their abilities to do future "favors" for their customers.

So, continue to have fun, vent when necessary, and shallowly obsess always, but remember . . . Hermes is watching!

Not surprising, I went on a cruise a few years ago, Regent cruise line, I joined a chat group to gain information for telephone etc for the cruise.

It was blatently stated that the cruise line monitors that board. MOst of the people were avid cruisers and the cruise line really wanted to know what is being said about it's line and staff. In fact people would post openly if they had a complaint saying, ok read this and make note of it to the "powers that be".

I would guess then H does the same thing, it is good business. I'm sure we are watched by more people than we think.

LOL I even told my store my purse forum name. The things I collect are pretty distinctive, and I have nothing to hide. Every SA I have ever spoken with is aware of the forum.
Just google Hermes Birkin and links to the forum always pop up.

I would never post inventory as I don't think it is appropriate.
I always wondered why Kallie Girl and Jags SA's send pictures of H inventory to be posted ?

Well, if they have your passport, credit card info, full name, address, phone number, security video footage, etc., it's futile to hide from them. After all, if facts are stated then it's fine. Other subjective statements like personal experiences and guesses about inventory status may either amuse or annoy them, but hey, this is the power of the Internet and the Information Age. All of us are transparent, including H! :devil:

Last edited:
^^^
It probably garners them sales...

I'm not so sure of that, bella. I know that in Kallie's case, she lives quite a ways from an Hermes store, and I think her SA sends her pictures, so she can peruse the merchandise and make selections and call in her orders. Kallie is simply nice enough to take the time to post all the photos, as she knows that we're interested in seeing EVERYTHING!

And, it certainly may be the same case with jag.

I'm not so sure of that, bella. I know that in Kallie's case, she lives quite a ways from an Hermes store, and I think her SA sends her pictures, so she can peruse the merchandise and make selections and call in her orders. Kallie is simply nice enough to take the time to post all the photos, as she knows that we're interested in seeing EVERYTHING!

And, it certainly may be the same case with jag.

Well said LilyHermes! For those of us that do not live or work anywhere near an Hermes store - it's lovely to see the store interior and how they display the products too. Of course, to see all the bags, Birkins and otherwise - that's so much fun!

Special thanks go out to KallieGirl and Jag for sharing their photos with us!

Well said LilyHermes! For those of us that do not live or work anywhere near an Hermes store - it's lovely to see the store interior and how they display the products too. Of course, to see all the bags, Birkins and otherwise - that's so much fun!

Special thanks go out to KallieGirl and Jag for sharing their photos with us!

Yes, we certainly want to encourage them to continue to do just that, right, MiaT? I always see something that I haven't seen in my local H, but when I pick up the phone to inquire, I'm calling MY Hermes (looks like I may be getting a bit possessive here.)

Status
Not open for further replies.