careers in the animal industry.

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. HELLO!!!!

Do you work in the animal world? if so what do you do? do know of different kinds of jobs in the animal world?

i love animals so i am looking for a career shift:

what i know about:
    vet
    vet tech
    animal cop
    groomer
    zoo keeper

i know there are more.

2. I'm an animal (zoo) keeper. theres a whole mess of things pertaining to wildlife that you can get into.

animal control
    forest ranger
    conservationist
    animal behavior
    biologist
    breeder
    shelter manager
    educator/curator
    nutritionist

3. wow, i am REALLY interested in animal behavior, what does an animal behaviorist do?

4. study animal behavior. you can specialize in a species or teach or train, etc.

5. wigglytuff...where are you located? The ASPCA in NY has lots of different job openings.

6. A friend of mine is studying animal homeopathy... I don't know much about it but she seems to love it as she loves animals and helping them.

7. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeopathy

8. I am studying animal behaviour - specifically feline. I've learned sooo much (this, from somebody who was pretty confident she knew pretty much all there was to know about cats! :smile: ) Have you considered doing voluntary work at a shelter? I've been doing that for almost a year now and the things I've learned there are just invaluable.
    Good luck!

9. How cool! What do you plan to do?