career advice?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone might be able to offer me some advice, i'm working as a nurse for the past three years, recently i moved from hospital environment and am now working as a nurse in the community. However i love fashion and events, i spend a lot of my free time reading magazines and on sites such as the purse forum. I have looked at many courses in event management and styling but not sure if i would actually enjoy it as a career or is it just a hobbie? also prospects in ireland for such careers are qute scarce, anyone work in this field? ah any advice? i'm sorry i know this thread is quite all over the place just very confused at the min

2. I thought about becoming an events manager, too. So I got a few textbooks on it.

George Washington University in Washington, DC, USA, has probably the best special events management courses in North America. I got my book from there online.

I decided the career would be too stressful but the information I gained from the books has been very helpful for events produced by my women's nationwide volunteer organization.

Another way to check out this career is to shadow a professional for a few days. This means you act as her assistant for free. You'll learn lots! It's important to find one that will not be your future competition. (No one will train their future competition and I don't blame them.) For example: if you want to put on fashion show fundraisers, follow a wedding planner.

Good luck!

3. Thank you both so much, great advice :hugs:

4. Nursing is a quality career field. But with that being said you should of course be happy in life and do what you like :smile:... so I guess i would just continue to look into the fashion stuff and really read up on it and perhaps try to talk to people who are in that career field