Workplace Career Advice Needed

Apr 19, 2009
For those who are familiar with sales/marketing/pr I could use your help :smile:

Ultimately I would like to pursue a career in brand management for luxury fashion company. I have completed two internships at major companies in pr and am now looking for some more marketing focused. I have two internship possibilities for the summer at other luxury companies. One in wholesale (I know sales is usually a stepping stone in marketing) and one in marketing & events (so a tad on the pr side with the events aspect). Which one do you think would be a better option? Would love to here everyones opinion, as they're both amazing brands and I'm so confused!

For those who are familiar with sales/marketing/pr I could use your help :smile:

Ultimately I would like to pursue a career in brand management for luxury fashion company. I have completed two internships at major companies in pr and am now looking for some more marketing focused. I have two internship possibilities for the summer at other luxury companies. One in wholesale (I know sales is usually a stepping stone in marketing) and one in marketing & events (so a tad on the pr side with the events aspect). Which one do you think would be a better option? Would love to here everyones opinion, as they're both amazing brands and I'm so confused!

thats a toughie. either one will help you understand the other better. the marketing one may be a bit more creative but understanding sales is tantamount for that. I would go for sales first to make you a more valuable individual and the marketing second. But hey, go for whatever is offered to you!

IMO, the 2nd opportunity in marketing/events is further away from your goal of brand management. Event planning is quite different from managing a brand.