Workplace Career Advice Needed

Apr 19, 2009
New York City
For those who are familiar with sales/marketing/pr I could use your help :smile:

Ultimately I would like to pursue a career in brand management for luxury fashion company. I have completed two internships at major companies in pr and am now looking for some more marketing focused. I have two internship possibilities for the summer at other luxury companies. One in wholesale (I know sales is usually a stepping stone in marketing) and one in marketing & events (so a tad on the pr side with the events aspect). Which one do you think would be a better option? Would love to here everyones opinion, as they're both amazing brands and I'm so confused!

bagnshoofetish

Oh. Gee.
O.G.
Feb 12, 2006
earth
For those who are familiar with sales/marketing/pr I could use your help :smile:

Ultimately I would like to pursue a career in brand management for luxury fashion company. I have completed two internships at major companies in pr and am now looking for some more marketing focused. I have two internship possibilities for the summer at other luxury companies. One in wholesale (I know sales is usually a stepping stone in marketing) and one in marketing & events (so a tad on the pr side with the events aspect). Which one do you think would be a better option? Would love to here everyones opinion, as they're both amazing brands and I'm so confused!
thats a toughie. either one will help you understand the other better. the marketing one may be a bit more creative but understanding sales is tantamount for that. I would go for sales first to make you a more valuable individual and the marketing second. But hey, go for whatever is offered to you!

lorihmatthews

A taste for the arts
O.G.
Oct 7, 2006
San Francisco
IMO, the 2nd opportunity in marketing/events is further away from your goal of brand management. Event planning is quite different from managing a brand.