care and protection for OL alexa

Wow...Maybe this is a selling ploy...I mean 3 products for one bag....My Hermes dont need anything.....I wonder do THEY know what the bags need...!I bought the OL long locked purse today and am lacking it as we speak....!!!!

no they dont know do they! i would say the bag needs nourishing especially the corners! then i will lack polish it!
i got the waterstop just incase and i could always use it on a few of my other bags!

Goodness that's a lot of care for one bag! Will get the gel and the lack polish then. Thanks for all the advice girls :ty:

Birkin Girl - we are truly bag twins now I bought the OL long locked purse too. I love it!

Saw the long locked purse today, and the tiny purse, and the pouch.... lovely.. I put a little something on hold :graucho:

Btw, asked the SA about the Lack polish, and he said that was for patent/glossy leather and not really for the shiny leather that alexa has. He maintained that collonil waterstop and the high gloss cream was the best products... I told him that I thought my bag looked a little dry right after spraying with the collonil, and he said it could look that way due to the little 'film' of spray - but that it will go away when using the bag. And like I've said earlier, I don't see any dryness on my bag now. I think it has got it's shine back.

Bit confusing if Mulberry SA's are saying different things, though. But one of the other SA's has got this bag, so I think they would have discussed this. They all seem quite eager to keep their bags in top shape. So I will use these products on mine, but don't feel the need for anymore right now.

It seems crazy....I rang Mulberry care line and they told me ONLY to use Lack cream......Why cant they ALL get with the programe and sing of the same hymn sheet...I have never heard of so many different stories.....!!!!

UPDATE:

so i have used the collonil leather gel on the OL today, i have taken plenty of pics, but can upload until tomorrow. first of all i did it this morning first and i did one coat and i have to say WOW i highly recommend this product for this bag! it brought the bag up beautifully! i polished it up after applying it and it look new, shinny and not dry! its now soft has got rid of those dry corners! i have just done a second coat and it looks even better!!
i will leave this for a couple of days then i will put waterstop on it and thats it! another SA today do not use lack polish, that is for patent bags and the alexa is not patent it has a slightly waxed surface.

will post pics tomorrow.

Wow...Maybe this is a selling ploy...I mean 3 products for one bag....My Hermes dont need anything.....I wonder do THEY know what the bags need...!I bought the OL long locked purse today and am lacking it as we speak....!!!!

Oh am so jealous of your purse! I want either that one or the £175 OL alexa purse on mulberry.com. But I have promised myself I will not buy either unless somewhere offers discount on them and there is no discount to be had at the moment. I so hope they don't sell out while I am waiting, lol.

UPDATE:

so i have used the collonil leather gel on the OL today, i have taken plenty of pics, but can upload until tomorrow. first of all i did it this morning first and i did one coat and i have to say WOW i highly recommend this product for this bag! it brought the bag up beautifully! i polished it up after applying it and it look new, shinny and not dry! its now soft has got rid of those dry corners! i have just done a second coat and it looks even better!!
i will leave this for a couple of days then i will put waterstop on it and thats it! another SA today do not use lack polish, that is for patent bags and the alexa is not patent it has a slightly waxed surface.

will post pics tomorrow.

That all sounds good. I am looking forward to the pics!:smile:

ok so here are pics before any treatment...

P1010079-2.jpg

corners very dry and starting to mark...

P1010078-1.jpg

leather very dry...

P1010076-2.jpg

i then used collonil product leather gel...

P1010075.jpg

i then used one cloth to put it on, (i put a lot on at once) and then left it to soak in and dry and then used another cloth to polish up.

i did this twice and it made the bag so soft and nourished! it got rid of the dry areas and corners!

the results are more obvious in real life, i give this product 10/10 the only problem is it doesnt waterproof!

P1010087.jpg

strap that had been treated up against a the untreated bag...
P1010086.jpg