Care and feeding of a Tano bag

h82bl82

Cindy
O.G.
Dec 11, 2007
Due to the post office being stupid, my much awaited Minilisa arrived today instead of yesterday. However, now that she's in my hot little hands, I LOVE her!

My question is, the crunch leather, can I use either Apple Garde or Wilson's leather conditioner on the more worn spots without doing any harm? Also, is it okay to use Wilson's TLC leather and suede protector on her?

Pics in a bit.

I know TK uses Apple on her crunch bags. I've never used anything but Lubriderm to spruce mine up. And MHB says Lexol is terrific for crunch.

I haven't treated any of my bags. I did use the Apple leather conditioner on my Analisa because she was a bit dry. Other than that, nothing used and my bags have held up well.

I hate to keep intruding on threads like this.. but thought this would be a good opportunity.

Would 'Apple Garde'ing a brand new Crunch bag right out the box be a wise idea in a very humid environment?.

Thank you for the topic! Very helpful

Raydran -- I consider New Orleans to be a very humid environment. And as I mentioned above, I generally do not do anything to treat my Tano bags.
I have a mix of pre-owned and new bags. I have conditioned my Rapunzel because it was dry when I got it. That is all the I have done.
I think I mentioned in a nother post that I carry my pool boogie bucket a lot. It has survived being caught in the afternoon downpours, and getting beer spilled on it at baseball games. IMHO, crunch is really hearty leather. As long as you wipe it off, it holds up well.
But if you want to err on the side of caution, go ahead and treat your bags. No harm in being overly protective.

Let's see. I've used Meltonian Neutral Polish, Lexol Conditioner, and Wilson's Protectant.

All three have been just fine, just be forewarned that a little dye may come off when conditioning/cleaning. Just be gentle and wait til they're totally dry to buff them. Also, the leather may darken when wet but she be almost exactly as before when dry.