cardinal vs wine darling?

shanhu

Aug 13, 2009
hey girls~
I'm new to Darling. These days I'm considering getting one in either cardinal or wine. Given that I've already got a wine nikki, should I get a cardinal darling?
I haven't seen a cardinal darling IRL. Does anyone here happen to have one? Would you please share some pictures to help me make the decision? Thanks a lot!
By the way, between purple haze and violet darling, which one do you prefer?

hey girls~
I'm new to Darling. These days I'm considering getting one in either cardinal or wine. Given that I've already got a wine nikki, should I get a cardinal darling?
I haven't seen a cardinal darling IRL. Does anyone here happen to have one? Would you please share some pictures to help me make the decision? Thanks a lot!
By the way, between purple haze and violet darling, which one do you prefer?

Purple Haze!! :love:

Nobody seems to want to be the first to buy the Cardinal Darling. . . I have the Wine Darling and it is beautiful. I also vote Purple Haze over Violet. . . I'm just a Haze whore! LOL!

I have a Purple Haze Beloved (large size) and I must say that I love it so. It is my first Rebecca Minkoff bag. I will post pictures of it tomorrow but I vote for Purple Haze or any of the Haze's (Orange or Brown). I saw the Wine Darling at the RM NYC Sample Sale and that Color is divine too!

Last edited:
Between PH & Violet, definitely PH. The leather tho stiff at the start breaks in really nicely. The shade is more than GORGEOUS than Violet.

Between Wine & Cardinal, I am inclined to like Cardinal coz I like my reds bright. Wine however has nice smooshy soft leather.

Thanks a lot for your kind replies, ladies!!!
It seems that answers are pretty consistent. Almost all of you vote PH over violet and wine over cardinal...
I know that wine is gorgeous, but I am afraid it will look very similar to my wine nikki...
What do you girls think? Should I get another wine RM given I've got a wine nikki? Or, they look quite different on the shoulder?

I like the shade of PH too compared to violet.
But yes, I kind of worry about the stiff leather...
Well, if it can break in nicely... that'll be a great choice!!
OMG, I think I am really addicted to Darling now...

I vote Cardinal, too!! This color is gorgeous but just doesn't get enough love, IMO...it's so hard to find a lovely shade of red on a bag, and this is it!

Wine is generally available in a lot more styles, so you will have more chances to get that later on if you want. PH is amazing as well!!