Card Holder Saint Sulpice experiences

MrGoyard

Obsessed with Goyard
O.G.
Aug 4, 2011
Hi fellow Goyard lovers! :smile:

I've been looking for a card case for quite a while now and after looking at different brands, I eventually ended up at Goyard again.
I had contact with their store and they quoted me €270, since I want a color this time instead of black.

I am quite shocked by the price. Because of this I am wondering if there are any members on here with a Saint Sulpice card holder. What are your experiences with it? And especially if the Goyard monogram print wore off with time?

Thanks a lot!
Oh and what color looks best iyo? :smile:

Last edited:
My husband has it in burgundy and he loves it. I was surprised by his choice, I thought he'd go with grey or navy but it does look fantastic every time he takes it out of his pocket. Just bought it last month, so too early to comment on the wear, but he's been using it every day for the last six weeks and so far so good.

Hi fellow Goyard lovers! :smile:

I've been looking for a card case for quite a while now and after looking at different brands, I eventually ended up at Goyard again.
I had contact with their store and they quoted me €270, since I want a color this time instead of black.

I am quite shocked by the price. Because of this I am wondering if there are any members on here with a Saint Sulpice card holder. What are your experiences with it? And especially if the Goyard monogram print wore off with time?

Thanks a lot!
Oh and what color looks best iyo? :smile:

Hey there mr. Vuitton...

I bought the St. Sulpice last year so I've had it for a year. The print hasn't worn off at all (but keep in mind it hasn't been that long I've been using it).

If u run ur fingers against the print, u can actually feel the indentation of each dot of the pattern which is cool cuz that's how u know it's painted on (or hand stenciled is what some say).

I got my initials painted on too. Which took another month so the SF store had to ship it to me in LA.

The paint seems pretty resistant to fading cuz it feels like there is an added extra layer of protective coating.

I don't stuff it. 3 cards max, plus a couple bills on the main slot. Then I have a thin paper card (car wash rewards) on a side slot.

The leather part once got dirt on it but I just wiped it gently off with a tissue and water.

If u wanna get it monogrammed, I would suggest getting contrasting colors from the prInt. Getting similar shades washes out the initials. (Just my opinion)

I wear skinny jeans and it carry on a pocket so there's always risk of excessive bending but I've managed fine so far lol.

The price seemed high at the time, but honestly, it will last me a good ten years (or longer) and it's so different and not easily accessible.

I went with the Black and Tan so i could use it with both jeans and on formal nights.

Anyways, I'm rambling. Let me know if u have any more questions. Take care.

image.jpeg

Hello!

I've had mine since August. I have used it daily since, but most of the time, I just keep it in the pocket of a coat I wear every day. Sometimes I slip it into the back of my jeans, so that probably doesn't help with wear-and-tear.

I've attached a photo of my card case. There is very mild fading along the top edge where the card slot opening is. The other side is similar. It's a little difficult to photograph (see top right, top left) because of the way the card case reflects light, but hopefully this photo shows an idea of what I mean. And if you can't see the fading, then maybe that's a good sign- it certainly isn't obvious at all unless I look for it.

Attachments

• IMG_2986.JPG
    IMG_2986.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 9,223
Thanks a lot guys, this is very helpful! =)

I was so scared that the print might wear of fast, since it's a piece that is used a lot during the day. But your pics show me that that is not the case. @squashyme I do see a little bit of fading at the top, but happily it's minor. :smile:

I actually have the Voltaire and Senat pouch both in black Goyardine, so for this time I want to add a pop of color to my collection. I've narrowed it down to green and light blue. Which one would you guys personally choose? =)

Screen Shot 2015-11-18 at 00.28.26.png

Screen Shot 2015-11-18 at 00.33.45.png

Hey there mr. Vuitton...

I bought the St. Sulpice last year so I've had it for a year. The print hasn't worn off at all (but keep in mind it hasn't been that long I've been using it).

If u run ur fingers against the print, u can actually feel the indentation of each dot of the pattern which is cool cuz that's how u know it's painted on (or hand stenciled is what some say).

I got my initials painted on too. Which took another month so the SF store had to ship it to me in LA.

The paint seems pretty resistant to fading cuz it feels like there is an added extra layer of protective coating.

I don't stuff it. 3 cards max, plus a couple bills on the main slot. Then I have a thin paper card (car wash rewards) on a side slot.

The leather part once got dirt on it but I just wiped it gently off with a tissue and water.

If u wanna get it monogrammed, I would suggest getting contrasting colors from the prInt. Getting similar shades washes out the initials. (Just my opinion)

I wear skinny jeans and it carry on a pocket so there's always risk of excessive bending but I've managed fine so far lol.

The price seemed high at the time, but honestly, it will last me a good ten years (or longer) and it's so different and not easily accessible.

I went with the Black and Tan so i could use it with both jeans and on formal nights.

Anyways, I'm rambling. Let me know if u have any more questions. Take care.

View attachment 3190776
Is the side without the initials in the same condition without fading? :smile:

I was so scared that the print might wear of fast, since it's a piece that is used a lot during the day. But your pics show me that that is not the case. @squashyme I do see a little bit of fading at the top, but happily it's minor. :smile:

I actually have the Voltaire and Senat pouch both in black Goyardine, so for this time I want to add a pop of color to my collection. I've narrowed it down to green and light blue. Which one would you guys personally choose? =)

View attachment 3190812

View attachment 3190814

Either color is good. Perhaps the green if u really want a different color.

Other side has also kept nicely. No fading.

image.jpeg

Reactions: teenytinywrist
If you end up getting one, could you please do a reveal/review?? :smile: I was also thinking about getting a St. Sulpice but am a bit hesitant due to the price. I've thought about Hermès, but would like the timeless subtle luxury of Goyard. Hopefully if I get it, it will open the door of more purchases (eg. a MM or GM Senate)! :smile:

If you end up getting one, could you please do a reveal/review?? :smile: I was also thinking about getting a St. Sulpice but am a bit hesitant due to the price. I've thought about Hermès, but would like the timeless subtle luxury of Goyard. Hopefully if I get it, it will open the door of more purchases (eg. a MM or GM Senate)! :smile:

I second this request! I am finally purchasing my bag in 3-4 weeks (after MUCH procrastination) and I've always liked this card holder. I got the Barney's holiday catalog earlier this week and again it made me love it, so I am eyeing it as my next purchase.

Between the green and the lighter blue colors, my vote is for the blue as there is just something so rich and vibrant about that color to me. That might also be because forest greens look atrocious on me so it sways my opinion!

Everyone here has been so helpful with their input on the holder and as always I love the photos.

I second this request! I am finally purchasing my bag in 3-4 weeks (after MUCH procrastination) and I've always liked this card holder. I got the Barney's holiday catalog earlier this week and again it made me love it, so I am eyeing it as my next purchase.

Between the green and the lighter blue colors, my vote is for the blue as there is just something so rich and vibrant about that color to me. That might also be because forest greens look atrocious on me so it sways my opinion!

Everyone here has been so helpful with their input on the holder and as always I love the photos.
Ahhh, could you please share a picture of the Goyards in the Barneys Christmas Catalog? I always love seeing Goyard displayed in magazines.

I am somewhat leaning towards the light blue. It looks so stunning. And I hope to have all the colors of the card case one day. (Lol) :$

View attachment 3190812

View attachment 3190814

Both are good choices.

I have a green senat and a light blue ambassade. The green colour is darker than the one shown in your photo. Maybe it's the lighting. I find green does give more pop visually but for everyday use, light blue is softer and more pleasing. Just my view.

So conclusion - I vote for light blue. :smile:

Ahhh, could you please share a picture of the Goyards in the Barneys Christmas Catalog? I always love seeing Goyard displayed in magazines.

I am somewhat leaning towards the light blue. It looks so stunning. And I hope to have all the colors of the card case one day. (Lol) :$

Of course I will! I'm at work now but I'll post it when I get home tonight. It also had all the prices listed for what was shown so I was thinking of adding that to the Price in the US thread, since we're always clamoring for up-to-date info! Whenever I spot a Goyard in media or "in the wild" aka on the streets I love it! I wanted to get my Yorkie the collar but it may be a bit too extravagant for him - he's a wild child who likes to roll in leaves and mud haha!

Of course I will! I'm at work now but I'll post it when I get home tonight. It also had all the prices listed for what was shown so I was thinking of adding that to the Price in the US thread, since we're always clamoring for up-to-date info! Whenever I spot a Goyard in media or "in the wild" aka on the streets I love it! I wanted to get my Yorkie the collar but it may be a bit too extravagant for him - he's a wild child who likes to roll in leaves and mud haha!
Thanks, much appreciated! Wow, that's great that they listed the prices as well!
Yes me too! I don't see them very often here in Northern Europe, so when I see one it's extra special. :biggrin:
Awww their dog collars are so cute! But that would probably not be a good idea then. I would freak out with mud spots on a Goyard. :panic: