Card cases/small wallets

inkfade

Apr 30, 2017
I'm thinking of getting a small wallet. I already own two wristlets and have a full size skinny wallet on the way to me which I'm excited about, but don't own any small wallets for my smaller bags. I don't care for the small fold type wallets, because I want something thin. Have been considering a card case, or preferably one of the zip card cases so I have just a little more room. Anybody who uses these types of cases, even from other brands, what are the pros and cons? Do you miss the space sometimes when using the small wallets?

Reactions: Namwan-
I depends on the bag I am carrying and what activities I am doing. I usually carry large bags and large wallets and I like having all the space and options.

But when we are attending events or doing activities that are more suited for a small bag, I prefer a small wallet or card case and I find that they are well-suited for my basic needs.

When you are looking at wallets and card cases, don't forget to check out the coach men's products, because they often have a much larger selection of wallets, billfolds, card cases, etc. then the women's products; like this cute L-Zip Card Case that comes in 3 colors:
LZipCardCaseWallet.jpg

Reactions: OogleAtLuxury
I used to love my billfold wallets. They became uncomfortable in my pocket. I downsized to card cases which I also loved, but they would fall out of my pocket. I then went to what I call keychain wallets (a Coach Mini Skinny, or Louis Vuitton Cles Pouch for example) as a wallet. I love these types of wallets. Small enough for whatever I need and I just slip the keyring over my index or pinky finger and I know I won't lose it!

Reactions: sparkle1 and katev
I depends on the bag I am carrying and what activities I am doing. I usually carry large bags and large wallets and I like having all the space and options.

But when we are attending events or doing activities that are more suited for a small bag, I prefer a small wallet or card case and I find that they are well-suited for my basic needs.

When you are looking at wallets and card cases, don't forget to check out the coach men's products, because they often have a much larger selection of wallets, billfolds, card cases, etc. then the women's products; like this cute L-Zip Card Case that comes in 3 colors:
View attachment 4329866

I've actually been eyeing two of the cases from the men's section. These,

https://www.coach.com/coach-zip-car...h-rexy/67920.html?search=true&dwvar_color=KHA
https://www.coach.com/coach-zip-card-case-with-rexy/67919.html?search=true&dwvar_color=BLK

I also like the plain ones without the t rex patch, bt was unusure if the style would be too small for my needs. I would carry a few bills, at least six or seven cards, some on the outside and some on the inside. I just feel like once I would get out and about I would need something I had to leave behind because of size, even though I carry a lot of useless store cards and such. I guess I could toss receipts into the open pocket in my bag and just clean those out every night. I feel like I could make them work, but wanted to see what everybody else did. It would give me a better idea for myself. :smile:

I've actually been eyeing two of the cases from the men's section. These,

https://www.coach.com/coach-zip-car...h-rexy/67920.html?search=true&dwvar_color=KHA
https://www.coach.com/coach-zip-card-case-with-rexy/67919.html?search=true&dwvar_color=BLK

I also like the plain ones without the t rex patch, bt was unusure if the style would be too small for my needs. I would carry a few bills, at least six or seven cards, some on the outside and some on the inside. I just feel like once I would get out and about I would need something I had to leave behind because of size, even though I carry a lot of useless store cards and such. I guess I could toss receipts into the open pocket in my bag and just clean those out every night. I feel like I could make them work, but wanted to see what everybody else did. It would give me a better idea for myself. :smile:

I have a plain one. It works pretty well. I find you can double up most of the card slots. Or put cards inside. Getting 7ish is the max though - as long as you do not have too much cash or coins. You end up getting bills stuck with too much cash. I’d stick to about 5-7 bills and few coins. But the leather ones absolutely stretch a little. You can get a few more things in there. You kinda have to choose, if you want more cards get less cash. I prefer doubling the cards tk putting cards inside. It feels like it fits more.

My favorite small wallet was this one - it has limited organization but can hold a lot. But it is a little tall for the wallet sized bags. A bunch of brands have similar shapes. What I liked - the divider of the coin pocket gives you a card side and a cash side. It is also thin. But you have to be willing to shuffle your cards. Mine ended up getting stolen one day and I replaced it with the card case (I realize I hate black wallets). There seem to be a lot more colors now, so look around. You should be able to source it or similar ones fro Cuyana and the like.
https://store.moma.org/jewelry-acce...MI6Kf00O-g4AIVg5JbCh0KXA10EAQYAyABEgJ08_D_BwE

This was my favorite Coach small wallet...it's only a bifold, so it's not too thick. Has 6 card slots, a full length bill slot, and snap closure. Unfortunately this style is discontinued :sad: Other brands may have a similar style though.
f49879_b4bur_a0

f49879_b4bur_a9