Caramel MAB or MAM...Where are you???

I am curious about this leather as well. My sister called me last night and told me she picked up a caramel leather nikki at a consignment shop in Florida. She is giving it to me so I am excited. It will be my first RM and I've been wanting a hobo in a honey/caramel color. The leather looks divine on the bag above. Any info you ladies have about this leather and the bag I would love as well.

A Caramel Nikki:nuts::nuts::nuts:!!!! You are one lucky lady! I can only imagine how gorgeous of a bag that would be...Please post pics when you get her, I am dyeing to see! Congrats on your first RM, you are starting it off right!:yes:

Thanks Loquita and Scoobiesmomma! I am so excited about this bag. I won't get it until next week when she returns but I will post pics asap I promise. She said it has the fleur-de-lis lining. It is used and already pretty smooshy. I am not sure if it has ever been treated so I will treat it for sure. I normally use apple guard....so I hope that is ok on this leather.

I am curious about this leather as well. My sister called me last night and told me she picked up a caramel leather nikki at a consignment shop in Florida. She is giving it to me so I am excited. It will be my first RM and I've been wanting a hobo in a honey/caramel color. The leather looks divine on the bag above. Any info you ladies have about this leather and the bag I would love as well.

I have a caramel MAB. The leather is thin, soft, distressed, and velvety - almost suede-like. Definitely treat the handles and spray the bag well as it is a porous leather that will darken and stain easily if not treated properly. Its very similar in feel and look to the Night Blue leather. Its absolutely gorgeous, but a bit on the delicate side!

Sorry...I'm not trying to hijack this thread but thanks for the tips circoit. Can you be a little more specific with what you did to your bag (which is gorgeous by the way)? What products did you use and what order did you apply them. I have never had a delicate leather so I hate to mess this one up. TIA!!

I got mine from ebay, so the handles had already started to darken. I just sprayed everything with a good coat of collonil water protector. However, if my handles had been in good condition, I would have treated them with Luving My Bags For Handles Only. this helps keep the oils of the hands from darkening the leather on the handles. After treating the handles, a good two or three coats of Appleguard or Collonil is a good idea. Respray them every month.

Ooo, what a stellar bag! I absolutely :heart: the natural, leaning towards unfinished caramel color...and at a great price! Sigh...Thanks for the pic, kimber! You gave me something to dream/drool about...:drool:

^^They are different colors. I snagged this pic of the taupe & caramel from the database (thanks RMCrushes & Lilac).

TaupeNikki.jpg
CarmelNikki.jpg

To me the caramel has more of a honey tone to it (more yellow undertone). Also the taupe has more of a slight glaze to it than the caramel to me from the pics. I have not seen either IRL though. Hope that helps!! I love both colors!! I think both were only made as samples and never mass produced but I could be wrong.

Last edited: