Cara reveal and annoyance!

talli8cakes

May 28, 2012
So my husband ordered me the Cara in indigo as I may of dropped some huge hints/may of left pics right in front of him that I really loved this bag in this colour....I also persuaded him that it's the perfect baby bag....since we're expecting our first as I can use it if I'm only popping out for an hour without the change bag....lies but it worked :smile:

I received it and was really excited as I'm normally an outlet only Mulberry girl, it arrived fabulously packaged and the colour is so beautiful (iPhone pics so sorry the colour isn't as vibrant) I love the bag but...on the back there is a few areas of discolouration in the leather and a scratch that is raised and easy to feel. My husband actually saw them before I did! I've put a couple of pics in but they're on my iPhone and it just doesn't pick anything up.

I was so disappointed. I emailed mulberry with pics straight away but decided to phone them. I was told that it would need to be sent back and inspected before they could authorise sending out a replacement. They weren't even sorry. So sadly she's gone back and I told them to just refund me. I'm not paying £1200 for a bag when I get better customer service in the outlets...I was really fuming, fine now but I feel Mulberry customer service has really gone downhill. I know others have had better service though.

Thanks for letting me rant lol.

Ooh just incase any of you do want the cara....the green is back in stock and the lion rivet keeps coming in and going out so keep an eye.

Last edited:
Oh talli8cakes. That's so sad and I understand your annoyance and the disappointment too. That's really unacceptable and I would advise you to write and complain to the head of customer services like I did. That's really not on when it's a brand new bag and the latest 'it' bag. They should be inspected properly not sent out like that. I really feel your pain as I had issues with a bodged repaired but it got eventually after I complained. Rebecca was great, I personally think you should email her and send her the pictures.

Rebecca Groom
Customer Solutions Manager
Mulberry Design Ltd
The Rookery
Chilcompton, Somerset BA3 4EH
UK

Tel +44 (0)1761 234 273
Fax +44 (0)1761 233 436

Hope you get this resolved quickly x

Thanks for the info, I think I'll get in touch as I haven't even had a reply to my last email.
I remember reading about your bag and seeing how oddly they had spaced the studs, that was ridiculous but I'm glad you got her sorted and I hope she's had lots of outings.
These bags are an extravagance. Mulberry needs to realise that the market is saturated and it can't get by with lesser customer service than I'd expect from a high street shop. I'm hoping that this was just a one off and that Mulberry do care about the people that keep them in business.
Thanks again for the info.

The last bag I had from m was an outlet bag, she went bag because of a deep scratch and wonky stitching.

That really is poor QC for a newly launched bag.... Actually any mulberry bag

Such a shame cos it's such a gorgeous colour for the bag. Shocking QC though and I totally understand why you are fuming. The least they could do is sound apologetic How difficult is that? x
+1

I would have thought that the change of top management would have led to much tighter quality control, as this has been a consistent issue...