Capucines MM Python handle question?

Heysexy

Dec 9, 2016
Hey guys I'm thinking of getting the Capucines mm with Python. However, I am a little concerned about the python handle, would the scales lift or get damaged with repeated handling or are they very much sturdy?

I'm going to be spending a lot on this bag so need to make sure.

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    137.2 KB · Views: 2,148
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    116.4 KB · Views: 1,406
Reactions: thewave1969
Python handles are breathtaking, but you they are delicate as hell! My SA told me, that they had to throw out a Soft LockIt, after a client "tried it on". She was just holding it in her hands for a min in front of the mirror, but one of the scales rubbed off. Even when 1 scale misses, it will look sad.

I second with what BULL said. Python is delicate as well, as well as lizard while we are at it. For the amount of money that you are spending on the Capucines, I'd rather save a bit and just get the classic all leather one and forgo the constant babying of the bag.

Hey guys I'm thinking of getting the Capucines mm with Python. However, I am a little concerned about the python handle, would the scales lift or get damaged with repeated handling or are they very much sturdy?

I'm going to be spending a lot on this bag so need to make sure.

Thanks
I personally wouldn't buy the python version, ethics aside, because that type of leather doesn't do well when subjected to continuous flexing. Over time the scales will lift, eventually fall off, and then the bag looks like a hot mess. For the amount of money LV wants it would be more practical to go with the traditional leather and wear it beautifully for a lifetime

Reactions: OCMomof3 and lvmk
I have the Python Bandoulière. I thought it was super delicate but I used it daily and it has seen dirt, it has seen the ground, basically everywhere. The scales lifted off in some areas but I have no problem with it. I do think the Python Capucines is a work of art and I don't mind some wear on the handle after using it for a while. It's a gorgeous bag.

My SC is all slouchy and old, my Petite Malles' hardware has scratches everywhere. They are expensive and delicate but they are also meant to be used, not babied. I love the way they look when I just bought them, and I love the way they look now with all the wear.

If you are still uncertain about the scales, opt for the Capucines with Ayers handles (watersnake). It looks almost the same, but Ayers has a small tight scale that is a lot more durable and will fare better when use.

Last edited:
I tried this on in the store, it's a beautiful bag but I did find the python to seem very delicate and I was very nervous about damage. It's gorgeous though. Depends on how you would feel about some wear.

Hey guys. So I went to Louis Vuitton today and tried on the Capucines MM bag with the python handle. The SA who has been at Louis Vuitton for 20 years assured me the the scales will not come off unless you peel them with your nails! She said the there has never been an issue with scales coming off the python handle and the the bag can be used everyday (but keep out of the rain).

Now is she telling me the truth or is she trying hard to sell the bag?

Reactions: thewave1969
Hey guys. So I went to Louis Vuitton today and tried on the Capucines MM bag with the python handle. The SA who has been at Louis Vuitton for 20 years assured me the the scales will not come off unless you peel them with your nails! She said the there has never been an issue with scales coming off the python handle and the the bag can be used everyday (but keep out of the rain).

i have a normal capucines BB, not the one with python handle.
The handle is okay so far. but the edge of the bag cracked after a few months of usage!
I went back to LV store and the sales told me it is normal and they cannot do exchange for me.
Still like the bag but really not happy with the quality of this bag.

i have a normal capucines BB, not the one with python handle.
The handle is okay so far. but the edge of the bag cracked after a few months of usage!
I went back to LV store and the sales told me it is normal and they cannot do exchange for me.
Still like the bag but really not happy with the quality of this bag.
Oh no, joycelim that is upsetting. I just purchased the capucines mm in all black leather and I thought the quality was immaculate, but now I am getting worried after I read your post! Any pics of what the cracks looks like?

I tried the one with the python handle and I opted to get the all leather. The handle did feel scaly and an image of it peeling came to mind.