Captivated by the Captiva Cosmetic Case...

Jun 8, 2006
I just saw this little cosmetic case. Reminds me of those old train cases. Just love it. Was wondering....did Dooney and Bourke ever come out with a train case?

W0127G_P1BLPATN.jpg

I've seen train cases recently…. don't remember exactly where.... but check the Dooney site. They might have been in a recent promo picture...something about someone named Paul. Thought I saw the email today.

Received the same email. Was just wondering if it were a reissue.
It reminds me of a similar bag my mother owned. Hers would have been a lot older, of course. Very classic design.
There are train cases out there, but most of them are either square or cheap, This was on the internet. A retro Pierre Cardin.

il_340x270.1513820489_5t3d.jpg

Reactions: Katiesmama
I guess this is now a "thing." I love the oval case.
Coach has their version in black smooth leather with a handy shoulder strap. They call it the trail bag. It's twice the price of the Dooney version. (There is a small and a large.)
The thing that would have made the DB perfect is the inclusion of D rings and a strap. That would have been perfect. What I like about the Dooney version is the classic black/tax combination with the understated duck logo in reliable pebble leather. I know that I wouldn't pay $300 for one, but it does make you wonder just how much adding rings and a strap would increase the cost?