Capra satchel....is it cheap looking

Yes im keeping this bag, and I do like it alot. I didnt know this was being knocked off baglover. I have never got a bag from ebay I am 2 scared of fakes and I couldnt tell the difference on many .

Quite frankly, the capra grows on you. I like the style of the bag but full price, with canvas lining, I didn't think it was worth it. But the sale price on NAP (300 pounds) - which was what I got it for - is a pretty good deal for what is a nice leather bag.

If it wasn't on sale, I agree that it's overpriced. It's regularly $1350USD - more expensive than Hudson ($1275) and YSL's Oversize Muse ($1295).

Yes im keeping this bag, and I do like it alot. I didnt know this was being knocked off baglover. I have never got a bag from ebay I am 2 scared of fakes and I couldnt tell the difference on many .

Yup, you did the right thing by keeping it since you like it a lot. What matters is what you like, not what everyone else thinks. Don't worry about the gathering; if there's any issue with this bag, Saks will get it repaired for you. Enjoy. =) You got it in Smoke right?

It's sad seeing so many bags (including recent ones) being replicated now. Buying bags from an authorized retailer is definitely safer.

^ I disagree that classic bags are boring. Trendy bags can come and go, but the classic ones can stand the test of time. There are reasons why classic bags like Hermes Birkin/Kelly, Chanel's Classic Flap or Reissue, or LV bags never go on sale.

There is nothing wrong with people buying bags on sale. There is absolutely nothing wrong for those of us who are willing to pay full price for ours, we don't need to brag about them.

When a brand needs big sales (from 40 to 50 to 70% off) to clean out their inventories, it clearly says that they made more than they can sell. There are many members who will tell you that they lose confidence in such a brand. Just my 2 cents.

bag.lover I didn't say classic bags ARE boring - but some CAN be, or at least the idea of only having classic bags can be. I feel there is nothing wrong with having a mix. For ince, when I want to look a little more urban I wear Chloe Betty and leave the Chanel Flap at home. I would never expect Hermes or Classic Chanel on sale of course and admire people who collect them.... I was just referring to how some LV mono lovers (like OPs friend) tout the never-on-sale and resale factor as a reason it's supposedly better than other bags. Mono bags seem to have an IT status lately so I don't buy the "classic" argument for now and see a lot of people outgrowing the monos for more understated bags.

I don't buy bags to resell or let that factor sway my tastes, I buy fully intending to keep them so if I get it for less that pleases me. I love Chloe and Marc Jacobs as well as Chanel. Just because the first two (and some of the latter) get marked down doesn't kill my confidence in their quality or my desire for them - I've just learned not to jump too fast when I see them full price. If their quality drops, then I'll drop them. If someone loses confidence in a bag because it goes on sale and not for lack of quality, perhaps they are more concerned with either status or IT factor than the bag itself. My 2 cents.

And congrats sjunky13 for keeping the Capra!!

If someone loses confidence in a bag because it goes on sale and not for lack of quality, perhaps they are more concerned with either status or IT factor than the bag itself. My 2 cents.

Style and color depend on each person's preference. What's viewed classic to many people can be boring to others, what's trendy to some can be fun to others. It's best to go with what your heart calls for regardless of what others say.

There are many of us who pay full price not because of the status or IT factor. Maybe only those who pay full price and see their bags go on sale can understand the feeling. Anyway, I didn't mean to sound like I was trying to start an argument. :smile: We are getting off topics in Sjunky's thread, there are similar discussions here:
http://forum.purseblog.com/marc-jacobs/mj-ladies-enlighten-me-one-re-resale-value-80320.html
http://forum.purseblog.com/marc-jacobs/ladies-the-end-of-the-world-has-come-83900.html

^S'all love, and I hope it's not too OT - I just felt bad for sjunky13 since her friend suggested that only classic bags were worthy bags (and smoke capra IS wooooorthy!!!). I've experienced those stages of grief too after seeing my beloved full-price JC Ramona "inspired" at JC Penney, dammit, and frantically chased price-matches on bags I had just paid full price for. Some I've returned, and others I've worked through the emotions because in the end I still loved the bag (and I want Ramona back! :devil:smile:

If it helps at all, sjunky, my mom's favorite bag of ALL FALL was the basil Capra, and she's 64!! LOL!! Actually she is much more hip than I am - but someone said the bag was RETRO and I think that's right on! You could wear it well into the future.

IMO weighing sale-vs-trendy-vs friends-opinions is the greatest contributor to yoyo bag-buying there is! LOL! Sjunky, you may go through more emotions on the bag so if you have the benefit of a generous return policy you should keep that in mind and resist the itch to return too soon if the answer isn't obvious in your heart. :flowers:

Oh, I LOVE my capra satchel. IMO, the bag is very classy looking. And in no way cheap. In fact, my fiance actually commented the other day on how much he likes that bag and that is one of his favorites that I own. The chains on the bag actually dresses it up. I can wear this bag with my daily work suits as well as out to a football game.

The stitching at the top worried me at first, but I have used this bag every day since buying it from NAP. I have had no problems and don't even think about that anymore.

Enjoy your new bag. If you love it, that is all that matters.