Travel Cappadocia in the winter?

HiromiT

O.G.
Jun 20, 2012
Has anyone been to Cappadocia in the winter? I've been all over Turkey and just fell in love with Cappadocia (stayed in a cave hotel, did a hot-air balloon ride), but that was in the summer. The manager of the cave hotel said Cappadocia is magical in the winter and his hotel is booked solid. Well, of course he'd say that. ;)

But has anyone done it and can share their experiences? I'm not afraid of the cold but want to know if the roads will be unsafe or if lots of attractions will be closed. Is it worth going in the winter at all? I don't exactly want to spend most of my days huddled in a cave hotel. :biggrin: TIA!

HiromiT said:
Has anyone been to Cappadocia in the winter? I've been all over Turkey and just fell in love with Cappadocia (stayed in a cave hotel, did a hot-air balloon ride), but that was in the summer. The manager of the cave hotel said Cappadocia is magical in the winter and his hotel is booked solid. Well, of course he'd say that. ;)

But has anyone done it and can share their experiences? I'm not afraid of the cold but want to know if the roads will be unsafe or if lots of attractions will be closed. Is it worth going in the winter at all? I don't exactly want to spend most of my days huddled in a cave hotel. :biggrin: TIA!

I have not been there, but this article was insightful:

http://www.captivatingcappadocia.com/cappadocia-weather/

Yes, I have been there two years ago. Here are some photos: http://granatova.wz.cz/kapadokia.htm

We flew to Antalya, where we rented a car and drove to Konya, Nevsehir, Goreme, Ihlara, Avanos etc..

Glad I can help you, ask what you want.

Yes, I have been there two years ago. Here are some photos: http://granatova.wz.cz/kapadokia.htm

We flew to Antalya, where we rented a car and drove to Konya, Nevsehir, Goreme, Ihlara, Avanos etc..

Glad I can help you, ask what you want.

Hi Lajka -- thanks so much for replying and sharing your photos! Wow, there was a flood in Antalya! I noticed that there are no people in your photos, so I assume it was very quiet during that time?

When I went in the summer, there were so many tourists that my photos always had people in them. :biggrin:

Was it difficult to drive the roads/highways due to ice or snow?

Which hotel did you stay at?

Are you from the Czech Republic? I visited Prague, Cesky Krumlov, Kutna Hora, Karlstejn, and Konopiste several years ago. Loved the beautiful architecture and amazing history!

Dekuji vam! :flowers: