Cape Cod Watch Roségold

LOA

Jul 30, 2015
Hello my dear TPF members :smile:
I would like to spread my wings within the wide H-world and look into their watches.
I saw this beautiful Cape Cod watch on their US website:
https://www.hermes.com/us/en/product/cape-cod-watch-23-x-23mm-W048297WW00/

Does anyone of you own a Cape Cod watch in Yellow/Roségold and can tell me how you like it, whether it's worth it etc?! How does the croc strap hold up (I know you can change it), how is the clockwork?
I don't like metal straps, so Rolex is out of the game for me ;)
An alternative would be the Cartier Tank Solo.

Please help me girls (and boys) !!

Love and tia:heart:

Reactions: westcoastgal
If you really like watches and the history behind a watch brand etc, I would go with Cartier Tank
If you really like the history behind the brand as a jeweler (Cartier being the designated jeweler of royalty etc etc), I would go with the Cartier Tank
If resale value matters to you, I would go with Cartier Tank

If none of the above matter to you, and you prefer the style of the Cape Cod then Cape Cod would be your answer. It is 100% a 'fashion watch' and not a 'watch enthusiast' watch. Other styles in the 'fashion watch' category would be the Chanel J12.

I think all are beautiful and suit each person's lifestyle in a different way.

If you really like watches and the history behind a watch brand etc, I would go with Cartier Tank
If you really like the history behind the brand as a jeweler (Cartier being the designated jeweler of royalty etc etc), I would go with the Cartier Tank

If none of the above matter to you, and you prefer the style of the Cape Cod then Cape Cod would be your answer. It is 100% a 'fashion watch' and not a 'watch enthusiast' watch. Other styles in the 'fashion watch' category would be the Chanel J12.

Thank you so much for your response. You are right, Hermès is a "fashion" brand, not a watch or jewellery brand.
But I really like the style, so I guess I need to try both on and see how I feel about them. Thank you :smile:

Reactions: Orangefanatic
I love that watch and that color combo!
I don't have it but I'd get it if I didn't already have 2 others (H Heure) hahahaha
I'm sure I will cave eventually though... addicted to rose gold & MOP ... ahhhh le sigh

Last edited:
Reactions: LOA

I just got my tank watch and love it !!! It’s the perfect watch !

Attachments

• E592738F-CC5B-4D83-8B32-31D49E028261.jpeg
    E592738F-CC5B-4D83-8B32-31D49E028261.jpeg
    118.9 KB · Views: 261
Hello my dear TPF members :smile:
I would like to spread my wings within the wide H-world and look into their watches.
I saw this beautiful Cape Cod watch on their US website:
https://www.hermes.com/us/en/product/cape-cod-watch-23-x-23mm-W048297WW00/

Does anyone of you own a Cape Cod watch in Yellow/Roségold and can tell me how you like it, whether it's worth it etc?! How does the croc strap hold up (I know you can change it), how is the clockwork?
I don't like metal straps, so Rolex is out of the game for me ;)
An alternative would be the Cartier Tank Solo.

Please help me girls (and boys) !!

Love and tia:heart:
I think you should get the style you like more. I’m assuming you’re interested in the style more than the mechanism. I think Cartier is more classic, but then if you like the look of the cape cod better than I’d get whichever you find more pleasing to the eye.

Reactions: jen943 and LOA