Canvas pieces: the inevitable scraping???

LV mommy

Apr 8, 2014
Hi all,

I have the speedy b in de size 30. I tend to baby her and have only had her since march 2014. Used perhaps only 10 times max:smile: yesterday while out with her she accidentally scraped against a brick wall. It scraped the corner and now there is a tiny part on the corner where the canvas seems to have the color scraped off...
It's so small and not noticeable to anyone except me.

My question is : is this inevitable? I know that any bag regardless of price will have wear and tear . Will the canvas just slowly start to scrape off? Do any of you have this on your canvas pieces? Thanks in advance:smile:

The only place I've ever noticed wear on my canvas bags is on the bottom four corners. And that is after a decade of use. LV canvas is very tough.
But like any material, including leather, if you scrape it or damage it then yes it will show.

I know it hurts......like getting that first dent in a new car! But eventually it won't matter.
It is more important to enjoy our lovely bags than hide them in the closet.

I scraped the corner of my Azur NF soon after I got her. I put her in the filing cabinet at work and a metal part of the drawer scratched some of the blue print right off :sad:

Try taking a baby wipe and scrubbing the scrape off. I once hit my de speedy 30 super hard on a door and it had white transfer on it that I thought were scrapes, but it ended up it was just paint from the door and it came right off when I rubbed it with a baby wipe.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1405876717.335995.jpg

It's right there if you can see, not very noticeable, but it's there. I used it about 3-5 times, after that happened I just put it back in the dust bag and store it in my closet.....

I work in downtown, so I had to take public transit, it's inevitable if you take public transit I'm telling you. You just can't control who/what rub against your bag, that's why I change from 30 to 25, it's just easier to carry a smaller bag when it's crowded.

Happiness is not about how much you have, but how little you need.

Last edited:
View attachment 2692669

It's right there if you can see, not very noticeable, but it's there. I used it about 3-5 times, after that happened I just put it back in the dust bag and store it in my closet.....

I work in downtown, so I had to take public transit, it's inevitable if you take public transit I'm telling you. You just can't control who/what rub against your bag, that's why I change from 30 to 25, it's just easier to carry a smaller bag when it's crowed.

Thanks for your pic. That's pretty much what mine looks like...

Sorry that happened, I know the feeling, it's not good...but yes, I think it's inevitable. I'm really careful with my bags but still have a few scrapes and scratches that were beyond my control.. :shucks:

View attachment 2692669

I work in downtown, so I had to take public transit, it's inevitable if you take public transit I'm telling you. You just can't control who/what rub against your bag, that's why I change from 30 to 25, it's just easier to carry a smaller bag when it's crowed.

Rub the area gently with a clean white eraser. I had a mark similar to this on my NF's canvas (no idea what I bumped) and it rubbed right off. If it's actually scraped, it will do nothing but it may just be something transferred from the bump.

I'm sorry that happen it hurts I know. I agree with the above it really is comparable to a dent or scratch on your car. But if you scape any bag on a brick wall it will get scraped, scratched/damaged - so I really do not think durability is in question here. Nothing will remain looking brand new if you actually use it.

Be Blessed MoNikki

Rub the area gently with a clean white eraser. I had a mark similar to this on my NF's canvas (no idea what I bumped) and it rubbed right off. If it's actually scraped, it will do nothing but it may just be something transferred from the bump.

I've tried that, it is actually scraped, no idea what I bumped either, I was very careful with it because it's new, but I agree, it's bond to happen.