Canvas or toile for a kelly

iluvbag2005

Aug 17, 2008

Handybags

Make It Work
O.G.
Nov 4, 2006
How do you know me so well? ;)

In truth, I'm eyeing that lindy from let trade for my summer bag....

I dunno - it's just, like, you know, a vibe..... man :weird:

...I am down in Florida visiting my mother with the 30cm toile/white clemence Birkin.
I die.

The only issue I can see is that you are a jeans girl, and I would be concerned about color transfer from an overdyed jean.
While I love, love, love that Lindy and think it's a perfect summer bag, ITA with GK about the denim. You most certainly rock Lindy and I think toile would be fantastic on you but I think you'd worry (needlessly?) too much to be carefree and "summer-timey" about it.

Would you consider a shoulder bag for your toile to keep it away from your jeans? A trim perhaps?

Handybags

Make It Work
O.G.
Nov 4, 2006
^ This pre-supposes of course that you do wear jeans year 'round.

Otherwise, as an occasion bag with dresses or white denim - FABULOUS :okay:

doloresmia

O.G.
May 20, 2008
In the sun
They are all treated so really, not much to do. When a little passing dirt gets on it, I just use a cloth with a little mild soap and water and dab it off.

I have a Delvaux toile bag and the toile is identical IMO. I managed to spill a latte on that :crybaby:and used soap and water and it did not stain and turned out just fine.:smile:
gracekelly - do you know when H started treating the toile? i am looking at some pre-loved toile bags. am i safe if the bag was born say after 2000? TIA! the white clemence toile sounds gorgeous!

Rockerchic

O.G.
Jun 9, 2006
I have looked at that. It is very pretty and I could visualize you with it. How is this for a klutzy move...I am down in Florida visiting my mother with the 30cm toile/white clemence Birkin. She keeps her car outside so it is getting EVERYTHING on it. I am taking packages out of the car and manage to "wipe" the side of the car with my bag! OUCH! You guessed it, dirt on the bag and the leather. Just as I said, just took a towel with a little dish washing soap and went at it. Came right off and as good as new! I used the damp towel on the leather as well. A happy ending.

The only issue I can see is that you are a jeans girl, and I would be concerned about color transfer from an overdyed jean.

:sweatdrop:OMG, I'm so glad the dirt came off. I once had a white chanel bag and did the same thing to it. It was leather and I quickly took a baby wipe to it but I could always see a little mark.:cursing:

GK and Handy, I am definitely a jeans girl and especially in the summer, I wouldn't want to worry and be precious with a bag...I'm out and about to parks and the like with my girls...
I am really enjoying my trim...maybe I'll be super lucky and find a crinoline and natural barenia or light color leather for the summer. It seems crinoline would hold up better than toile.

Do love that toile and etoupe lindy...Hope a pfer buys it.

gracekelly

The Red Queen
O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
gracekelly - do you know when H started treating the toile? i am looking at some pre-loved toile bags. am i safe if the bag was born say after 2000? TIA! the white clemence toile sounds gorgeous!
My toiles are G and onward. I think you would be ok with 2000.