Canvas bags - what do you think?

1. Neiman Marcus
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I love the look of canvas/leather for spring but I am afraid of its durability. Has anyone out there had a good experience with it? What about cleaning it?

I saw this Jimmy Choo bag and am dying for it!!!

D0480637516684_v1_m56577569831191197.jpg
  2. I've owned some canvas bags in the past (nothing expensive), and I think they wear well. I spot cleaned and dirt and/or grim. Maybe Scotchguarding might help.

3. Mine are fine-I love the look of them too...and I have kids...they have survived(The bags..I mean!!)

4. I'd like to know as well, as I'm considering either an off-white or reddish orange canvas bag. I'm leaning toward the colored bag because of the dingy white that might result after using the off-white for a while.

5. I am not a big canvas fan because of their inability to fend off stains. I would definitely scotchguard. I would also wrap the metal wear so that the scotchguard doesn't leave marks on the metal-wear. Going for a darker color always helps too, but even that could potentially look dingy depending on how badly you abuse your bags. I say this because I am absolutely horrible on canvas bags. I had a turquoise canvas bag that I abused (dragged on floor, etc...) It held up for quite a while, but scotchguarding woud have definitely helped! :biggrin:

6. I'm not a big fan of canvas either because it is easily stained.

7. Baby wipe will do....but you have to clean right away....stain over stain will never can get rid off.

8. I love canvas bags for the summer. I treat mine well and they held up beautifully, except on in turquoise (which was an exclusive, only 1 made) which I had to return for repais with the week because the rain ruined it :'(

The maker found out that the whole canvas batch was bad and didn't want to make anymore in that colour. I should have never given it back, as I loved it so bad and they wouldn't give it back to me.

9. Seems like everyone here has had mixed experiences. I love that Jimmy Choo bag but not sure if i want to spend over $1000 on a bag that could get destroyed in a week.... will just have to see if I can fall in love with somehting else....

10. I just got this B-Bag.

CIMG2407.JPG

It is also in Canvas and you are right: I'll be occupied all the time with taking care avoiding stains.
    I scotchguard these kinds of bags. But not only once but twice (that was a tip of a SA).
    And if there is really a stain I try to remove it with some mild soap and a toothbrush. That mostly works out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice