Can't tell if this chopard necklace is real or not

elxie

O.G.
Jul 31, 2008
A while ago my mom got me a jewelry set from dubai that looks exactly like chopard happy diamonds set, it's the necklace and ring with several circles one inside the other, going from big-to medium-to a dot. It didn't come in a chopard box, and when i asked her who made it, she says she doesn't remember but that it was very very expensive, how can i tell whether it's real chopard or not?

usually it is marked but since dubai and you have not mentioned a marking plus your mom does not remember i assume it most likely will come from a local jeweller and is a replica(by replica i mean not a fake with exact same design and brandname on it using cheap materials but a design inspired by chopard executed by a jeweler) what does it say on the box or is ther no name at all on the box?

otherwise if it does have a marking post some pictures on here !
but even if it is not real chopard i would not worry much it 99,9% will be real diamonds and gold given you mother bought it in a shop . while personally i am not a fan of replicas you mom baught it as a gift and wanted to treat you so i would cherish it and enjoy it no matter if real chopard or not kwim?

do you know exactly where in dubai has your mom baught it (which mall/hotel?)

the last chance to be 100% sure is of course to take it to a chopard boutique but that could end in an arkward situation

thanks Lilach, I think i will take to a chopard store, my mom has gotten me a happy diamonds ring before from a chopard store in the US which came with box ad markings and everything, so i'll just take both of them in together, so if one turns out to be a replica at least the other is definitely real, lol.

Oh, yes, post pics please. Would love to see : )

Have you checked the Chopard website to see if there are any pictures of your necklace on there for comparison.

I also have a chopard happy diamonds ring which has 'Chopard' etched onto the sapphire crystal that houses the diamond. I also have a pre-owned happy sport watch - I took my watch into chopard to ask if they could verify its authenticity and they were really nice and helpful and I was pleased and relieved when they confirmed it was authentic. Yay! : - )

thanks Lilach, I think i will take to a chopard store, my mom has gotten me a happy diamonds ring before from a chopard store in the US which came with box ad markings and everything, so i'll just take both of them in together, so if one turns out to be a replica at least the other is definitely real, lol.

Do check it out.:yes: I don't think I'll be happy if one is a replica even if it's a gift. If you're upfront about the matter, I'm sure the Chopard staff will be happy to help you. Wish you GL! I love the happy diamonds set.

I know that jewelers do make Chopard-like necklaces. I saw a heart one that was dead on, he wasn't selling it as Chopard and didn't have any logos on it, but it was based off Chopard design. It was all real diamonds and gold, it actually looked pretty good.

Sorry have been so MIA, will post pics of the necklace which may or may not be a replica, and the ring which is not tomorrow morning for sure and i'll let you know what happens with he necklace.

Around here there are people who like the designs but they don't want to pay retail price so they ask jewelry stores to replicate the design, it's usually made of high-quality diamonds and gold but because it's not from the Chopard store the price is much less (the brand name stores usually charge you for the name).. It's not necessarily a bad thing, my mom found a necklace she liked at tiffany's but it was like $64000, our jeweler said that he could make the same necklace for $8150, granted it won't the EXACT same quality but I've seen the ones they've made and they're pretty good..

I think I know what set and store you're talking about, my dad got me and my sister the happy diamond set (circle and square) but from a local jewelry store called Damas (it's one of the brand name jewelry stores over here).. The set came in a case from the store, not from Chopard so that's how I know it was made by the store..

BUT there are some shops that are authorized to sell Chopard.. My dad got us the the happy diamond watches but those came in boxes from Chopard.. I think the stores get some kind of special price because they're authorized dealers..

I really don't know if any of that made sense, please forgive me it's like 4:30 am :P

My chopard heart necklace has "chopard" etched very lightly on the front of the crystal. It also has the logo on a tiny plate near the clasp. The back of the pendant is etched with "Swiss" and other markings that are too tiny to read with the naked eye but I think they read 750 for the gold.