Can't sleep so sick over my latest LV purchase

Jbb924

O.G.
Feb 7, 2013
I purchased a mono speedy on valentines day. Later that night noticed slight threads coming out of piping. Called customer service immediately and they said to bring it in. The store is almost two hours away from me so I made the drive only to have them tell me that there is nothing they can do! The bag they said showed signs of wear! I never used it, not once! I am so disappointed I have been a LV lover for years, and now I am so turned off. I totally get that they can't/shouldn't take back an item that has been used. I know that it would be unfair for someone else. But, I now have a brand new purse that is imperfect and they are basically going to do nothing for me, after making me drive so far to bring it out to them! This makes me not want to buy LV! I never thought I would say that. Any advice folks?

I'd go to another LV if there is one. I hated going to the Scottsdale location here so I make the longer drive to Saks and get amazing treatment. Sorry that happened to you

I agree, maybe go to another one. Use a piece of tape, de-lint whatever dust may have been on the inside, put it all back together pretty the way it was received, folded, etc... and simply state you'd like to exchange it since you noticed the threads were loose. If you are within exchange period then that's your right to do so, if the bag was never used. If the drive is too far, then honestly I wouldn't sweat it and just enjoy your bag. I saw your pics in the other thread you started and I didn't think there were any "flaws" per se, just a minor sloppy finishing. It shouldn't affect the longevity of the bag, I don't think. :smile:

Of course you should exchange or return if you are not happy with your Speedy.

I bought a weekend bag last fall (not LV), it was about $5k and handmade in Italy. I also noticed a thread sticking out from behind the piping and it was rather long when I pulled it out. I just cut it as far back as I could and thought the artisan had forgot to clean the seam before sewing everything together. The bag is perfect in all other ways so no big deal..

I purchased a mono speedy on valentines day. Later that night noticed slight threads coming out of piping. Called customer service immediately and they said to bring it in. The store is almost two hours away from me so I made the drive only to have them tell me that there is nothing they can do! The bag they said showed signs of wear! I never used it, not once! I am so disappointed I have been a LV lover for years, and now I am so turned off. I totally get that they can't/shouldn't take back an item that has been used. I know that it would be unfair for someone else. But, I now have a brand new purse that is imperfect and they are basically going to do nothing for me, after making me drive so far to bring it out to them! This makes me not want to buy LV! I never thought I would say that. Any advice folks?

I bought many purses at LV and never had any issues like this. Sorry this happened but don't worry. They will make it right...

Even if you wore it, they should just replace it if the problems arise that soon after the purchase. However if the problem is very small, they may not do anything for you.
My local LV has been great with repair and replacement of items. With the exception of my mono sarah wallet. I bought it from Eluxury before they closed, so it is older. It had loose threads and they said it would cost $300 to rethread! I just had it fixed at a seamstress for $20 and it looks great.

Go to another and exchange. OR go to the same one at a different time and hope for a different SA. They are very helpful during opening hours--not many people to service and their day just started haha