Can't sell Tiffany & Co. on eBay???

Did anyone else see something on Dateline or Primetime, one of those news shows about Tiffanys and eBay? The producers did some research and purchased 20 Tiffany's items from 20 seperate sellers on eBay. All the auction listings were guaranteed authentic somewhere in the listing by the sellers. Of those 20, 19 were fake. Tiffany's could only authenticate one out of the whole lot.
I once sold a Tiffany/Peretti Silver Bean necklace on eBay and always suspected that the buyer was doing research.

First, they overpaid a bit. Then there was Xpresspost shipping on top of that. Considering a Tiffany store was in their city (I checked because I was curious) they could have purchased the exact same brand new necklace for a bit less money.

My FB was positive and said "We appreciate you being honest."

So, does this mean I can't sell any Tiffany item now? I have a silver bracelet I was thinking of putting up. It's NOT one of the common Peretti easily faked ones, so I wonder if they would let me list it? Or is it anything Tiffany?

Jayne1, I would give it a try. I can't imagine they will be removing every, single Tiffany item. If you do list it, let us know how it goes!

I'm mostly mad about how I look to my buyers and/or bidders. I emailed the lady that bought my Tiffany heart tag necklace (the one I was telling you guys about that was removed too), and asked if she was still comfortable with the transaction and should I still send the necklace out or just refund her...but no word back. She may not even reply, thinking I'm a complete conartist. :crybaby:

My mother tried to sell authentic Juicy Couture bracelets & necklaces and they got removed. & They were targeting her but they said they weren't.
I guess that's why her online friend's auctions were still going but my mother's weren't.
It's complete b/s.
She has good feedback too over 2,000+ and like 98.9!

I think the problem is that all of the big companies are tired of losing all this money because EBAY is here, and it is a force to be reckoned with. Ebay people have gotten so rich that I think they began to feel invincible. Now the big Companies want there share of the pie. I was a power seller that tried to sell Authentic handbags, and yes they are authentic, I have the receipts to prove it, anyways I am now suspended forever, and I even sent Gucci Vero all of my stuff to authenticate my items, sent it all to Ebay with that damn form I had to sign admiting guilt for a guilt I did not commit. I think once they got the form they decided I was guilty to begin with, because even with all my authentification forms and receipts I had they still told me never to come back. They are nothing but morons that work in Trust and Security, they have their heads buried so far in each others back yards, they couldn't see what is right in front of them. Die EBAY DIE!!! Good luck to all ! I do think that if you do what the one person said and list it as slightly used it will have no problems, all the ones I see and hear about getting pulled are the new ones. You might get a couple dollars less, but at least it is sold.

Sean

seanm207, what a terrible story. It sounds to me since the big companies now have a say which listing gets pulled, they are picking on legit sellers who they feel are taking away from their business. Whatever!

I had to call ebay support for an unrelated question and I asked the girl about all these listings being pulled and she told me because I was stating that the item I was selling was from my own personal collection that it helped a lot. Plus as long as I showed pix of tags too. She said for handbags that if there are no tags or receipts they will pull the auction. And that if ebay cant determine its authentic, it will get pulled also.

See at first I was being naive, thinking it was the way I listed the items. But now I'm aware that they were accusing me of selling couterfeit items! UGH! I understand trying to crack down on bogus sellers with fake stuff. But it stinks that us trustworthy and reliable sellers are becoming casualties of war! I'll just save my Tiffany items for when my daughter gets older. :idea:

I'd be selling Ebay stock right now - they are going to take a hit in this next quarter's earnings. With so many auctions, being pulled, it has to affect their bottom line. Again, Ebay should have been proactive, and not allowed the clear counterfeiters to roam free through their website. :cursing:

Ebay has been doing it a lot - they say if they do not comply with Vero they get into trouble. However, I have found out that in reality it is not legal for companies to do this. They have to buy your time and if it is not authentic, then they can proceed against you. It is called the Freedom of Trade Act I do believe. It is just that they have the attorneys and funds so they get around that.

TIFFANY IS NOT ALLOWED TO BE SOLD ON EBAY! tiffany sued ebay a few years back and no NO tiff jewelry and possibly other items, are allowed! ever! look it up in the ebay purse discussion forums. you will find plenty of stuff!

TIFFANY IS NOT ALLOWED TO BE SOLD ON EBAY! tiffany sued ebay a few years back and no NO tiff jewelry and possibly other items, are allowed! ever!
Of course Tiffany is allowed to be sold... I did look it up, on eBay and plenty of items are still listed. Some could even be fake, considering the opening starting price.

Just what the hell can people sell on Ebay anymore that's authentic? Everyone switch over to overstock.coms aution site, it's a hell of a lot cheaper fee wise, and it is really starting to get some good traffic now that Ebay is doing what they are, I have seen 5 or 6 handbag sellers from Ebay selling on Overstock. and I would imagine that number will continue to grow as Ebay keeps upsetting the good sellers like they are. It just sucks having to start all over again. But we all had to start on Ebay and we are all still young to somewhat young....lol

Just what the hell can people sell on Ebay anymore that's authentic? Everyone switch over to overstock.coms aution site, it's a hell of a lot cheaper fee wise, and it is really starting to get some good traffic now that Ebay is doing what they are, I have seen 5 or 6 handbag sellers from Ebay selling on Overstock. and I would imagine that number will continue to grow as Ebay keeps upsetting the good sellers like they are. It just sucks having to start all over again. But we all had to start on Ebay and we are all still young to somewhat young....lol

I'm pretty old, Sean. 32! and I don't feel like starting over. lol But if I have to, I will!!!

from a lot of the posters in the ebay forums, i have learned that it is not allowed to be auctioned. but i mentioned that the info was from there. you can still look it up.