Can't log into tPF using Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

bellafleur

O.G.
Apr 26, 2007
Is this happening to anyone else? I had a panic moment that my work started blocking websites, but then I realized they wouldn't even know how to do that:smile: I tried logging in probably 20 times using Firefox, which I always use and had logged into yesterday. I closed the window and went back in, cleared the cookies and history, and even requested a new password (which I still haven't gotten an e-mail for). Finally I tried using Internet Explorer, and I can log in just fine. Is anyone else having an issue with Firefox, or does it sound like my computer is just being weird?

bellafleur

O.G.
Apr 26, 2007
I'll do that now just in case. I just tried logging in again on Firefox and it still won't let me:sad:

CCfor C

O.G.
Mar 22, 2007
I have some issues w/logging in on Firefox...it seems as if I have to clear my cookies even when I just log in...or clear them after an hour, etc.

I now have a new computer so maybe my Firefox will straighten up and fly right! (although it's more likely not their fault) BTW, I didn't get a new one so I could log on properly to TPF!!:P

bellafleur

O.G.
Apr 26, 2007
Just did a virus scan, and I didn't have any. Still can't log in. Oh well, maybe it will work again on Monday...

noon

*Sun in my eyes*
O.G.
Apr 1, 2007
by a sand castle
I use firefox and havent had any issues. Is it just tpf or are you having problems logging into other sites on firefox?

Megs

I love bags
Admin
O.G.
Sep 13, 2005
www.purseblog.com
Did you check the thread Vlad posted in here about others having problems logging in? Do what he suggested there and let us know if that works

Vlad

Founder
Admin
O.G.
Mar 16, 1980
forum.purseblog.com
Please make sure that

a. You update to Firefox 3.6.3 (latest release)
b. Update Flash to the latest version (http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/) - test your current version here. Latest as of today is 10.0.45.2
c. clear your cookies, cache, and restart your browser

There is no reason that you should be having issues staying logged in if all of these conditions are met. :idea:

bellafleur

O.G.
Apr 26, 2007
Thanks for your help:smile: I didn't know there was a new version of Firefox available, but this morning it automatically updated, and now I can log in. Thank god!:smile:

Suhzie

Oct 4, 2009
Please make sure that

b. Update Flash to the latest version (http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/) - test your current version here. Latest as of today is 10.0.45.2

There is no reason that you should be having issues staying logged in if all of these conditions are met. :idea:
Did all of this and still can't log in with Firefox.:sad: I have windows 7 if that means anything

Miss Evy Rocks!

AMARYLIS RISING PHOENIX
O.G.
Dec 15, 2007
Lima>San Francisco>Wonderland
It keeps on logging me out, from my phone and my pc :Push:
I don't last longer than one page read in a thread and when I want to read the next page, it asks me to log in again... 6 times in the last 40 minutes

Megs

I love bags
Admin
O.G.
Sep 13, 2005
www.purseblog.com
It keeps on logging me out, from my phone and my pc :Push:
I don't last longer than one page read in a thread and when I want to read the next page, it asks me to log in again... 6 times in the last 40 minutes
Did you try this:

Please make sure that

There is no reason that you should be having issues staying logged in if all of these conditions are met.

Ranag

Light Years Away
Jan 4, 2006
I have been having a problem with Firefox as well. At least 50% of the time it will not take my user name and password. I can clear cookies, close the browser and start a new session, etc., and it makes no difference.

It is an intermittent problem - some days it is worse than others, and some days I have no problems at all.

It also does not matter which computer I am on (we have six), the problem is the same on each computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.