Tech Can't iMessage My Husband's Phone

chessmont

O.G.
Aug 22, 2006
we both have 6 Plus; all of a sudden (after working for the first week or so he had his phone- his came after mine) my texts to him are showing as only choice being a non-iphone (SMS?) text. We have checked that we both have our phone numbers checked off as iPhones and they are. My other friend's phone number comes up as iMessage just fine. Any ideas on things I haven't checked? I talked to tech support twice and they told me to do some things which didn't help (put a 1 before the phone number, turn on wi-fi), both things I never had to do before and don't have to do for my other friend's phone. Hers is a 4s if that makes any difference. Frustrated.

TIA

Make sure you didn't accidentally turn iMessage off. For some reason it is very easily done in the iPhone 6 without even realizing it. Happened to me too

Thanks I just checked we both had it on but I turned it on and off both phones, still no luck. Other friend's phone comes up as iPhone just fine, it's just his and it just started today after working for a couple weeks

This happened to me too. My iMessages would be sending from an email and it was like my phone number was disconnected. I think it's because of the continuity feature that messed it up.. I ended up turning iMessage off on all my devices and just reset it all.

I seem to have fixed it hopefully for good - I Reset Network Settings, I believe it was, as was suggested on a troubleshooting page on Apple website recommended by the 3rd tech I talked to - none of them had the answer for me on the phone.

I seem to have fixed it hopefully for good - I Reset Network Settings, I believe it was, as was suggested on a troubleshooting page on Apple website recommended by the 3rd tech I talked to - none of them had the answer for me on the phone.

Next time just google the problem vs wasting your time calling them. Thats how they solve your calls.

When I call Apple I just keep saying "no that don't work" until they get so fed up of me they put me through to the second support level who usually know their stuff. Things go well from there on.