Can't have 'em all :( (yet!)

Mama20

Oct 16, 2012
Need some advice...I went a little over board for my situation over Christmas & still have bags I haven't used, but always still looking for the next one! I am saving for another rory or isabelle if I see a color I want at outlet price, but also have always wanted an abigail. I've read on tpf that abigail is discontinued so would you pro tpf'ers recommend tracking an abigail down first or will there always be something new to replace the oldys, but goodys? Any pros/cons on the abigail would be awesome!

TIA :smile:

p.s. I'm in awe at some of the "pro" tpf'er's collections! The varieties- the duplicate style in multiple colors- everything :smile: Gorgeous ladies!

I'm not a pro but if you want the Abigail, I'd try to find that one first. I will say that the fabric ones don't have much structure, unless you can fill it up. I'm not sure if the leather does this though.

TooManyWantMore said:
I'm not a pro but if you want the Abigail, I'd try to find that one first. I will say that the fabric ones don't have much structure, unless you can fill it up. I'm not sure if the leather does this though.

Thanks for the advice... I'm bummed I just got into Coach after abigail was in the outlets!

Both leather and fabric Abigail seem to be slouchy, unless you have one of those organizers to put in your bags. I have the exotic Abigail in croc/ostrich, and it's stiff because of the type of leather, so it holds its shape on its own.

I haven't seen an Abigail in a while at the outlets. Your best bet would be ebay, bonanza, or even search your local craigslist. You have to weed through all the siggy mff bags that are always way over priced, but sometimes you find a gem! Good luck on your hunt!

Call and ask your outlet to do a search for the Abigail. I just started using the black one that I picked up about a month ago and the leather is so soft and buttery.

Definitely track one down! I agree that they are getting harder and harder to come by. I had been looking for an aubergine patent one for a while and finally found one on *Bay. She just arrived yesterday and I'm in love with this bag! Seriously, she is the perfect size ~ not too big and not too small. You'll be amazed at how much you can fit in there! Also, I've seen some people complain that she won't stand up on her own and that the straps won't stay on your shoulder. But I haven't had either of those problems! Maybe because mine is patent? I don't know. But I can't say enough good about her! You need one!!! :biggrin:

I have the black signature with silver hardware. You guys are making me feel like I might NEED the leather one. I need to really keep my nose out of these posts! I say go leather if you can find one t a good price.

I have the fuschia Abigail and it is a forever keeper for me. I love everything about it. I'd say let the hunt begin if you really want one and get the others later.