Can't get motivated!

1. I have a gym membership that I pay $30 a month for and I haven't been in at least 3 months. My boyfriend is a personal trainer and I still can't seem to get myself to the gym. The only time I ever went regularly was when I had a friend to go with so we could motivate eachother (if anyone in Boca Raton needs a workout buddy I'm your girl! :biggrin: ), but now I don't have anyone to work out with.

What motivates you?

Thanks for any ideas!

2. Im totally with you! I have 0 motivation mainly because I have no one to workout with. Too bad I'm in So. Cal. :sad:

3. i need a workout buddy too :sad2:.......in high school i was fitness crazy and would wake up at 5 to go to the gym, but now that i've gained all this weight i have no motivation to go to the gym, plus i get bored/lonely....i have a bally membership but haven't gone in months.....

4. I know how you feel. I always make excuses about not exercising... the weather is bad, I'm tired, I have no ipod to listen to music. (I have one now and still not exercising). I'm really going to do it this time. Just gotta find good shoes.

5. Sorry - can't help you with motivation tips since I am in the same situation. My workout buddy's schedule changed so she can only go to the gym during the day when I am at work. This happened around Christmas time and I haven't gone once by myself since then. I need to just suck it up and go!

6. what motivates me is knowing that what i am doing is going to help me in the long run. i also work with senior citizens, and i am so motivated when i see women in their 70s and 80s who still run, cook, shop, hang out with their (great)grandchildren. I want to be like them! i want a happy and long life that is filled with love, occupations i enjoy, and by thinking of that, i want to work out!

Also pics of nicole ritchie may help LOL :smile:

7. does your gym offer any cool classes like kick boxing or body sculpt? if so, maybe trying something new will motivate you. i think that as you build up strength, stamina and confidence, you'll find yourself wanting to work out just so you can continue to improve. i find running with upbeat music really helps as well - apples itunes has tons of great selections for purchase - good luck!

8. I totaly understand you as I also tend to find excuses......I m too tired after work, I´m sick, I´d rather do shopping, I´ll go tomorrow bc tonight I have my Tv show/laundry to do/internet research (purseforum ;) / etc.........
    BUT I also noticed that the most difficult is the barrier to GET THERE, bc once I am there I realise that sweating on a machine can be encouraged by :

- your fav music on your IPod (Super important !)
    - the TVs around with a cool serie on (I go at the time of "the OC")
    - maybe there are inspiring people around like the healthy old women, the handsome men ;) the toned girls
    - you can get a new trendy gym outfit (the latest Nike collection is TDF)
    - alternate with some classes sometimes (pilates, yoga, aerobic, dance, kick boxing...) so you re not bored by the same routine
    - and I get a boost energy level after work actually, often the headache caused by some stress or frustration or too much thinking disapears.....
    - I am in a good mood afterwards, proud of myself and when you exercise you produce that "hormone of happyness" (or whatever it is :smile:
    - and after 2-3 weeks you start seeing physical results, and that takes you to the next level !
    - and once you started exercising regularly, you really don´t feel like wasting all that with junk food, so it goes hand in hand, sporty and healthy !

I hope it helps, we should all have a computer plugged on our stepping machine so we can motivate each other while sharing opinions on bags !!

9. i love the way i feel right after i finish a work out.. its such an accomplishment for me (since i hate hate hate hate HATE working out) seriously, i would pay someone to do it for me if i could..

10. I don't even feel that great after I finish working out- I just do it so I can fit into my clothing comfortably! Sad, I know!

11. envisioning a tight body this summer is my motivation!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice