Can't decide which MbyMJ watch to get?

i think it depends on whether you want it to look edgy or not. The all rose gold one is really pretty and more mainstream, at least where i live. But i think the gold and black one would look really stunning and stands out more. They will both go with a lot of outfits so whatever you choose will be good :smile:

i think it depends on whether you want it to look edgy or not. The all rose gold one is really pretty and more mainstream, at least where i live. But i think the gold and black one would look really stunning and stands out more. They will both go with a lot of outfits so whatever you choose will be good :smile:

I really love how sweet and girly the all rose gold one looks but I like wearing rose gold bracelets so I'm worried it'll all come off looking TOO much. I know it'll look better paired with the black one but I dislike the fact that the black ones band is silicone :/ dilemma.

Is the band silicone on the black one? The website just says "40MM chronograph watch with etched dial detailing and metal bracelet," so if it's silicone, they are flat out lying.

I prefer the black one. I think the mix of colors is beautiful and for SURE the black one is easier to read.

I just got a Marc Jacobs "Amy gold plated leather watch" for my birthday which I'm totally in love with, was debating to do a reveal but not sure if to post here or in the jewellery box,

I think the second watch reminds me of the Michael Kors ones, that isn't a bad thing I just feel a little bit like they are having a bit of a "moment" and are heavily replicated on the high street... I think the first one is lovely, it's dramatic but classic too.

Is the band silicone on the black one? The website just says "40MM chronograph watch with etched dial detailing and metal bracelet," so if it's silicone, they are flat out lying.

I prefer the black one. I think the mix of colors is beautiful and for SURE the black one is easier to read.

The outline is rose gold plated stainless steel but descriptions I've read on other sites including amazon say the black part is silicone :/

The outline is rose gold plated stainless steel but descriptions I've read on other sites including amazon say the black part is silicone :/

That's a lot of bank to pay for silicone...Don't get the rose gold one.
It's beautiful but
1. Mixing metals can get too J.Lo.
2. Rose gold wears off.
I keep buying cheap Geneva watches because I love the look but can't be bothered to pay upwards of $300 for something that is just going to chip off and fade away. My friend has an oversized rose gold MK runway watch and it is a sorry sight indeed.

Seriously? That is weird. Maybe call and ask?

So I emailed them and this was the response I got:

"We apologize for any inconvenience with regards to the product details for the band on the 40MM Chronograph Pelly Watch. The band is actually stainless steel with a silicone wrap."

But I was a little confused as to what they meant by 'silicone wrap' so I emailed them again and this was the response:

"The rose gold stainless steel has a layer of silicone wrapped around the outside to provide the silicone look and feel on the outside but maintain the stainless steel integrity. We apologize for any inconvenience and we appreciate your understanding in this matter."

Well.. I'm still a little confused.. Because doesn't silicone kind of have a rubber like look to it? But in the pics the rose gold looks shiny, so I'm still confused. Anyone care to explain?

That's a lot of bank to pay for silicone...Don't get the rose gold one.
It's beautiful but
1. Mixing metals can get too J.Lo.
2. Rose gold wears off.
I keep buying cheap Geneva watches because I love the look but can't be bothered to pay upwards of $300 for something that is just going to chip off and fade away. My friend has an oversized rose gold MK runway watch and it is a sorry sight indeed.

Hahahah!! Yes that's a very interesting way to put it but you're right, it would be too J.Lo. I don't think the black one is all silicone tho, but then again I'm not sure. I contacted customer service and they said its stainless steel but silicone wrapped... Not really sure what that means :/

That is a SUPER confusing explanation. Is there anywhere you could go see one in person? I have no idea what they mean.

Unfortunately no :sad: there are only 3 MJ outlets in my country and none of them carry either watch I'm looking for! I emailed them again and got a more clear response this time:

"We really appreciate your interest in our 40MM Chronograph Pelly Watch. We are more than happy to answer any questions you may have. The rose gold accents are stainless steel and have a metal feeling to them. The black part of the watch is the silicone wrapped part. This area will have more of a "rubbery" feel to it."

So the entire watch is actually stainless steel but just the black area of the band is additionally wrapped in silicone to , in their words, "provide the silicone look and feel on the outside but maintain the stainless steel integrity".

I think I will be going with this watch!

Unfortunately no :sad: there are only 3 MJ outlets in my country and none of them carry either watch I'm looking for! I emailed them again and got a more clear response this time:

"We really appreciate your interest in our 40MM Chronograph Pelly Watch. We are more than happy to answer any questions you may have. The rose gold accents are stainless steel and have a metal feeling to them. The black part of the watch is the silicone wrapped part. This area will have more of a "rubbery" feel to it."

So the entire watch is actually stainless steel but just the black area of the band is additionally wrapped in silicone to , in their words, "provide the silicone look and feel on the outside but maintain the stainless steel integrity".

I think I will be going with this watch!

Ah ok. Tricky, but now it makes sense. Stoked that you're getting such a beautiful watch--please post photos when it arrives!! :smile: