can't decide what to do, please help

lovemyzoes

lovemyzoes
Jun 21, 2009
I posted this before that I have a gathered sophia with tags still on in my closet. I love this bag but can't seem to take the tags off and carry it. I told myself that I would carry it as a satchel but I think I'm just a liar. lol I really should take her in and trade her for a shoulder bag, I'm just afraid that I will regret it, it's so beautiful.
if I return her, what shoulder bag should I get. I love hailey, I actually like maggie but I'm not sure her straps wouldn't drive me crazy if they would constantly slip off. I have 5 or 6 kristin hobos so I think I have enough of those. I had abagail but I returned her for fear her straps would slip also.
I would appreciate some advice. and ask would I be insane to trade a gathered sophia for hailey?

If you're not going to use the gathered sophia, then return it for a bag you WILL use.

Some bags, though gorgeous, don't work well for everyone. Consider yourself lucky you haven't used it and you still have the tags on it.

Go get that Hailey!!

I agree, return the gathered Sophia and get a bag you will love and use. Hailey is a great bag, I have several and another on the way. And I've fallen for bags before that I really really love but just aren't functional for me ... those are the times I wish I had some input with the Coach designers ... (sigh) ...

I love the gathered Sophias, but I don't think you're insane at all! If you really and truly just can't see yourself carrying the gathered Sophia, you probably are better off to return her and get a bag you will use. No sense in having that gorgeous gathered Sophia just sitting in your closet and not getting used, when you could have a bag you will wear and enjoy instead.

I think you'd like the Hailey, if the size works for you.

I have the bordeaux gathered sophia. I'm a shoulder bag carrier but wanted to try a satchel but I just can't bring myself to cut the tags because I'm afraid that I won't like carrying it and then I'm stuck with it.

ok, so I too got Sophia telling myself I would use it as a satchel....HA! So, I tried using it as a shoulder bag....HATED it that way! I have too many Kristin hobos (18) and then I found HAILEY!:cloud9: I LOVE HAILEY! She is incredibly comfortable on the shoulder. I have problems with a pinched nerve in my shoulder so I have to be careful what kind of bag I use and Hailey is very lightweight and so comfortable. Second, she is a little fatter on the bottom than Kristin hobos and that makes it easier to find things in her. I also like that the inside zip pocket is not as deep and that too makes it easier to get things in and out. The drop length on her is perfect and her leather is incredibly squishy and huggable! But to me, she still holds her shape and doesn't puddle down too much when you sit her down on something. I would suggest you try the Bordeaux Hailey! I noticed they are showing it back on Coach's website right now. I have it and she is amazing! I really think you would like her!

I can wear Sophia on my shoulder even though it is a tight fit. I am also a shoulder bag girl but since I got Sophia I have been carrying her as a satchel more and more. The bordeaux gathered Sophia is gorgeous. The shoulder strap on the gathered works better than on some of the other Sophias.
My Kristin is so comfortable to carry and it is just the right size but she doesn't take my breath away like the gathered Sophia.
The Hailey is very cute though. I think you would like it, but it is smaller than Kristin.