Can't decide on Lindsay Shopper.

SLVDW47

hand me my leather..
Aug 26, 2008
I'm new to this site, but have years of Coach experience (I've also worked for the company). My biggest purchase, and most recent, was the new Coach Hamptons Vintage Lindsay Shopper in Python (blue)....GORGEOUS. I even went to the Legacy Boutique on Bleeker St. to pick this one up (3 hours away). But I'm in total agony over how much I spent. I haven't used it yet, but I need some honest opinions ladies -- should I stick with it, or return??

I'm not home now so I can't take pictures but the online link is: http://www.coach.com/content/product.aspx?product_no=11473&category_id=1683. One of my close friends told me it was irresponsible and that I could use that money for something else....my boyfriend (who hates my Coach addiction) told me to keep it and that he genuinely likes it.

I'm not a slave to credit cards, so that's not the issue here. PLEASE HELP!! ALSO, IF YOU OWN THIS BAG PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!! Does it wear well, are there any quality issuse?

I don't have it, but I like the way it looks. If money's not an issue and you love it, then keep it. There will always be someone putting things down. What really matters is if you can afford it and if you love it and will carry it. If you carry it, you can totally justify this purchase. If you put it away always waiting for a better occasion to carry it, then you have wasted money.

Oh you have one of my dream bags. You lucky lady.
First of all, tell your friend to stuff it. The fact of the matter is that different people use money in different ways. Could you have done something more productive with it, sure. Would it make you feel as happy, probably not. If you are paying your bills and are in line financially I see no issue what-so-ever with having/making a purchase like this. BUT, if you don't love it as much as you should love a 1.2k bag, then I would caution you to find something that you are 100% in love with. But please, ensure that you decide for yourself devoid external opinion from others, don't let your friend ruin your excitement or love for the bag. She is probably just jealous anyway.

I think that you are the only one that can decide whether it is worth it. Ingnore your friend. It is really all relative anyway. I have friends that would keel over if they knew I paid anything over $200 for a bag and other friends that would pull out my credit card and make me buy a great bag reagardless of the price. It is a personal thing and no one else's business.

I was looking at that bag. It is GORGEOUS! I would love to see modeling pics. Maybe you will inspire me and then you won't feel all alone. :smile:

I hope I can get some more replies, but you ladies are so NICE!!

abwd -- I'll see if I can get some picks up tonight with it on.

My one major concern is the printed python...it seems fragile...like it would rip easily, of course the SA told me it wasn't an issue and that she owns it...but I find it difficult to even get in and out of the duster.

Also...any opinions on whether this is too much of an "IT" bag? I try to stay up with fashion, but could this be a bag to use for years to come?

Well, if you are in agnony over how much you spent it, ask yourself this....

Did you pick it out because of the python/texture?

or

Did you pick it out because of the color?

If for the texture, I would keep it. If for the color, maybe you could trade it in for the Lindsay Shopper in brass/teal. Also, I would ask myself too, "Would I be sad about this later on down the road if I returned it now?" If you would regret it, then keep it...!!!

Although I've been pretty vocal about how overpriced Coach has gotten, I actually think the Lindsay is one of the nicest bags they make and I think Coach does a nice job with the faux python leather. I also think the printed python will hold up better than the real thing and it's sturdier than it looks - I have one in another brand that was much less expensive and it's held up well. I've not seen the Lindsay in this leather, only in the regular leather, but it's well made, classic but stylish and I think it's a bag you can use for years to come. I don't use satchels as often as I do shoulder bags and decided I loved the Sabrina so got that one, but the Lindsay was my other choice for a satchel style. If you love it and can afford it, keep it! Believe me, almost all of my friends would die if they knew some of my bags cost over $1k! That's why I hang out on TPF - you guys don't lecture or think I'm nuts!

I actually purchased this bag and returned it because of the delicacy of it. Fresh out of the dust bag there were already areas where the "python" looked as though it was starting to peel. It was gorgeous, but I just couldn't fathom spending that much on a bag I would have to be so gentle with.

I own the teal lindsay. LOVE. Not one regret or 2nd thought. I'm not sure how I feel about the printed python, seems delicate and im not one to baby my bags. Dont let your friends sway you if you truly love the bag and are100% satisfied

Thank you all for the posts!! As for the "peeling" that TRACEYBS was concerned about, I haven't noticed that yet on my bag, but could see how that would happen. I did visit my local store tonight and inquired about that and they did say that if it happens at anytime in the future that it can be exchanged or returned because it's a manufacturing defect. Either way...I've decided to keep it...I just can't stop looking at it.

As for eekiepie2 questions -- The texture wasn't the first thing that caught my eye, but the color (as I was planning to get the demin colored Carly)...but after having next to me the texture is great (and not nearly as fragile as actual Python)....it's the most unusual bag I have...and I ALWAYS buy hobos, so this is a nice change.

Congrats on that GORGEOUS bag!! Don't be afraid to use it either. I have a printed python Chelsea Satchel and I love it. The texture is striking and very rich (texturally) looking.:yes:

Are your pics loaded on your pc? When you go to post reply there is a paperclip icon to click on. This will give you another box to upload pics to your thread.