Can't Decide -- LV Neverfull GM vs. LV Onthego GM

SophiaCary

Jul 20, 2020
Hi ladies!

New to the forum. I will be purchasing my first luxury bag and I am deciding between the Neverfull GM and the Onthego GM. I am a college student and I would like to be able to use this bag for both school (post pandemic of course) as well as everyday use. I also work as a realtor on the side so having something for work would help too. I know that the Neverfull is very popular so I do like the idea of having a different bag that everyone has, hence my idea of getting the Onthego.

Would the Onthego be too heavy and boxy or is it about the same size as the Neverfull? I do like the fact that the Neverfull has more of a slouchy frame (although I definitely have to put an organizer in there.) I am very petite (5'4) and I do not want to have to struggle to carry a rather heavy bag.

However, I have completely fallen in love with the Onthego GM in the Escale pattern in Pastel and I do not want to lose the opportunity to get this bag. (The pre-loved market can make you pay major $$$ for a certain bag once it goes out of season.)

Ladies, if you were in my position would you go with the Neverfull GM (Damier Azur, Rose Ballerina) or for the Onthego GM (Escale, Pastel)?

Thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate it! :smile::heart:

I have both, though I recently sold my DA Neverfull because I thought it was looking dingy at it started to patina. If I could only have one I'd probably pick the OTG, though it definitely is more structured and boxy. I don't find it heavy, though it's not as light as the NF. I'd say the OTG looks "nicer" and you don't have to worry about getting caught in the rain.

I used to own a GM Neverfull and now own the OTG GM....hands down would pick the OTG....it’s different and I’ve loaded mine up for work and honestly don’t find it any heavier than any bag would be that I load up :smile: