can't decide for the 19Bag

dada_

O.G.
Mar 25, 2010
Hello all!
I really can't decide if I should buy this bag in tweed or leather.
I'm torn between the tweed one in blue or the beige 21c
I have only classic in m/l lambskin/caviar mini chevron , GST, timeless clutch.

I've never seen the 19 in person and from pics sometimes seems made of plastic and not luxurious leather... but since I don't know if I will keep it like the classic I'm afraid of the resale value of the tweed one
Thanks in advance for your Help!

I find the tweed 19s beautiful but I also prefer tweed on smaller bags like the minis for some reason. I guess for me I worry about the wear on such a big tweed bag. I’d personally go for the leather. It wears amazing!

Reactions: OCMomof3
I have a leather and it doesn’t feel plastic. The look of tweed is cool but depends how often want to use your bag for durability.

Either bag is not going to hold it’s value like a classic.

In the 19 bag, I have both - leather in Tiffany blue small, and tweed in navy medium/large, and I reach for the tweed so much more. But I do love and recommend both. The tweed is so cool and casual and really suits this bag. And it still looks new after lots of use. Good luck with your decision!

I find the tweed 19s beautiful but I also prefer tweed on smaller bags like the minis for some reason. I guess for me I worry about the wear on such a big tweed bag. I’d personally go for the leather. It wears amazing!
I Was thinking the same : maybe buy a mini in tweed and Sooner or later a 19 in Leather since i’m not 100% sure i’ll like this model

This is an unstructured bag similar to the size of medium flap. Of the 2 materials you mentioned, I would go with the leather. So far, they have offered lambskin, goatskin and shiny calfskin (just recently in the 20B collection). Of the 3, I like the look of the lambskin and for durability, the shiny calfskin seems less likely to wrinkle and crease. For tweed, definitely in something small unless you are 100% a tweed material fan and understands fully that tweed will pill in the future and you are okay with it.

Reactions: dada_
I have one in goatskin and one in tweed and love them both. Leather will be easy in terms of maintenance and will always look good. It’ll probably resell better than tweed. Tweed is fabulous and very unique, but it is a commitment. It does pick up lint and pet hair just like wool in general does. I brush it after every use, just like my wool/cashmere coats and it stays beautiful.