Cant decide Fendi men Peekaboo in small or Hermes Jypsiere 34 in Gold

katya123

Jun 8, 2015
Wanting to purchase a new bag but I really cant decide if I should go for Jypsiere 34 in Gold or
Fendi Selleria mens Peekaboo small size.....they are both really nice, i guess my biggest concerns are practically, versatility and timelessness (I like classic bags that withstand the taste of time)

I have already tried on both and love them both, but only want to pick one between these two

I am a male around 5"7 28yr old

Attachments

• 8817231298590.jpeg
    8817231298590.jpeg
    88.4 KB · Views: 914
  • Hermes-jypsiere-bag-gold.jpeg
    Hermes-jypsiere-bag-gold.jpeg
    347.4 KB · Views: 912
Reactions: freepockets
Hi Katya123! I think it would really depend on your lifestyle and how you will be using it.

Personally I would prefer the Fendi PAB but I'm in the suburbs and take my own car to the office so being constantly handsfree isn't always a concern for me.

They are both gorgeous, classic bags!

I would go with the Jypsierre. I am female and own a Jypsierre 28 in dark taupe and also a tortoise shell-structured, light-taupe-colored Peekaboo. I love both bags, but the Jypsierre is the one that I love the most. I can't imagine a Jypsierre larger than a 28 as the bag is heavy when empty. I got my Jypsierre on Fashionphile, pre-owned, and in mint condition. In one year, the price went up $1,500 on the resale market. I plan to hold on to it for many years to come. For a male, I would go with the Jypsierre.

Style-wise, I much prefer the Peekaboo because it is such a unique men's bag. It's very well-made, and surprisingly versatile, thanks to the fact that the front can drop. I have one and I love it so much!

However, the competition is an Hermes classic which is probably made better than the Peekaboo. Since you want a bag that can stand the test of time, the Jypsiere may be a better option for you.

Well that's a tough call, and as previous comments stated, it all depends on the use you want for it and specially your lifestyle.

Personally I like the peekaboo's design more, and well also personally I tend to go with bigger bags (even though sometimes I regret it since I stuff them and become heavy), both options I think would be a great investment in terms of durability and outfit versatility, but, when looking at it from the resale value point of view, obviously Hermés bags are better well positioned if you ever want to find a new home for the bag.

To me is also a question of personal style, the peekaboo is a satchel, and the Jypsiere is a messenger, really hope this helps.

Let us know what you decide!

I have both bags, just in different colors and my Jypsierre is a 28. I can't imagine anything larger as Jypsierres are heavy. I love both my Peekaboo and my Jypsierre, but in your situation and being male, I would personally go with the Jypsierre.

Hi all
I've been offered a Fendi Roma Selleria 1925 leather bag and wonder could it be a mans bag considering its vintage? I cant post pics yet until I've replied 5 times to various threads so hope I can at least get an idea as to when the mens range started.

Hi all
I've been offered a Fendi Roma Selleria 1925 leather bag and wonder could it be a mans bag considering its vintage? I cant post pics yet until I've replied 5 times to various threads so hope I can at least get an idea as to when the mens range started.
Can you find a picture of it online and share it here?

Would it happen to be this bag?
img_2083-jpg.121941