Can't decide between these two mini Perry satchels?

EvieSeb5671

Jan 25, 2014
Hi everyone! I've been wanting the mini Perry satchel in black and I found these two options on the official website. I was wondering if anyone has any personal experience with which bag is lighter (or just any info at all) and which leather is stronger/more durable (and holds its shape better in the long run)? One is genuine leather and the other is wave-embossed genuine leather. Any help would be great, thank you!! (Also if anyone has any modeling pics/their own pics of the bag that would be really helpful!

http://www.rebeccaminkoff.com/mini-perry-satchel-wave-embossed-s15

http://www.rebeccaminkoff.com/mini-perry-satchel-black-f15

Last edited:

soramillay

Oct 8, 2011
Hi everyone! I've been wanting the mini Perry satchel in black and I found these two options on the official website. I was wondering if anyone has any personal experience with which bag is lighter (or just any info at all) and which leather is stronger/more durable? One is genuine leather and the other is wave-embossed genuine leather. Any help would be great, thank you!! (Also if anyone has any modeling pics/their own pics of the bag that would be really helpful!

http://www.rebeccaminkoff.com/mini-perry-satchel-wave-embossed-s15

http://www.rebeccaminkoff.com/mini-perry-satchel-black-f15
Natural grain leather will win over embossed in my book everytime, but the wave-embossed may hold its shape better, like saffiano & epi. Let's wait for the Perry owners to chime in. So far, I see nothing but love for the mini Perry :smile:

altigirl88

Mar 25, 2015
I have the Mini Perry with the embossed leather. I LOVE HER! She's a little heavy if hand-carried, but she's quite comfortable when I use the shoulder strap. She's also gotten a little softer in the month or so I've had her. I think the shape of the bag lends more towards the structured leather. I went out of town last week and had to take a bag I could use crossbody. It saddened me to have to leave Perry behind, and I switched back into her the day after I got back! Wave-embossed Perry has my vote. 👍 I might add I haven't seen the regular leather Perry.

EvieSeb5671

Jan 25, 2014
Natural grain leather will win over embossed in my book everytime, but the wave-embossed may hold its shape better, like saffiano & epi. Let's wait for the Perry owners to chime in. So far, I see nothing but love for the mini Perry :smile:

Same! I'm not a fan of embossed leather but if it means the bag will hold its shape better and the leather is longer I might go for that. And yes haha the mini Perry gets so much love!! :smile:

EvieSeb5671

Jan 25, 2014
I have the Mini Perry with the embossed leather. I LOVE HER! She's a little heavy if hand-carried, but she's quite comfortable when I use the shoulder strap. She's also gotten a little softer in the month or so I've had her. I think the shape of the bag lends more towards the structured leather. I went out of town last week and had to take a bag I could use crossbody. It saddened me to have to leave Perry behind, and I switched back into her the day after I got back! Wave-embossed Perry has my vote. [emoji106] I might add I haven't seen the regular leather Perry.

I've been hearing that it's a bit heavy so I wanted to test it out in person but they don't sell Rebecca Minkoff anywhere near where I live ;( how heavy would you say it is in conparison to your other bags? Is it not possible to use the Perry crossbody? Thanks for replying! :smile:

altigirl88

Mar 25, 2015
I've been hearing that it's a bit heavy so I wanted to test it out in person but they don't sell Rebecca Minkoff anywhere near where I live ;( how heavy would you say it is in conparison to your other bags? Is it not possible to use the Perry crossbody? Thanks for replying! :smile:

It's got a little heft, even when empty. I can't wear it crossbody, and I'm only 5'2.

Nov 16, 2010
I have the mini Perry satchel wave embossed. I love it! The leather actually isn't as hard as you would think. I've had mine for a month and have only used it a handful of times. It has already softened a bit from the usage. I don't know if it will soften more but so far I like how it is responding. Love the shape and feel. My only complaint is the magnetic clasps. How I hate all the magnets RM puts in her bag designs. I'm constantly paranoid that the magnets will wipe out my phone and destroy it. Dude, my life is in my iPhone!

I have seen the regular leather version at a Nordstrom rack store albeit it was the regular sized Perry satchel instead of the mini version. The leather felt very soft but it was looking very worn and was already sagging in the middle panels.

Having owned the embossed leather version, personally I wouldn't ever buy this style in the regular leather. I think this style needs the more structured embossed leather.

The leather reminds me of LV's Epi leather. Even though it is embossed leather, it still feels thick and still smells very leathery. Hermes' Epsom leather is more pressed and harder than RM's wave embossed leather.

Yes, I'm the weirdo who owns Hermes bags and still buys RM bags. LOL. I think there's a time and place for all the pretty bags no matter their price tags. 👍🏼😉😊 ;)

PS. Yes it is heavy but then again my higher-end bags are heavier so I don't mind. At 5'1" I can use it crossbody style due to the adjustable strap but YMMV.

EvieSeb5671

Jan 25, 2014
I have the mini Perry satchel wave embossed. I love it! The leather actually isn't as hard as you would think. I've had mine for a month and have only used it a handful of times. It has already softened a bit from the usage. I don't know if it will soften more but so far I like how it is responding. Love the shape and feel. My only complaint is the magnetic clasps. How I hate all the magnets RM puts in her bag designs. I'm constantly paranoid that the magnets will wipe out my phone and destroy it. Dude, my life is in my iPhone!

I have seen the regular leather version at a Nordstrom rack store albeit it was the regular sized Perry satchel instead of the mini version. The leather felt very soft but it was looking very worn and was already sagging in the middle panels.

Having owned the embossed leather version, personally I wouldn't ever buy this style in the regular leather. I think this style needs the more structured embossed leather.

The leather reminds me of LV's Epi leather. Even though it is embossed leather, it still feels thick and still smells very leathery. Hermes' Epsom leather is more pressed and harder than RM's wave embossed leather.

Yes, I'm the weirdo who owns Hermes bags and still buys RM bags. LOL. I think there's a time and place for all the pretty bags no matter their price tags. [emoji106]🏼[emoji6][emoji4] ;)

PS. Yes it is heavy but then again my higher-end bags are heavier so I don't mind. At 5'1" I can use it crossbody style due to the adjustable strap but YMMV.

Thank you haha this was very helpful! I think I will get the embossed leather then :smile: and it doesn't make you a weirdo to own Hermes and a RM bag! I think a true bag love should have a wide range of bags ^^

And whoa I never considered the magnetic clasp wiping out my phone :O that's so scary! My phone is my life too!

soramillay

Oct 8, 2011
Yes, I'm the weirdo who owns Hermes bags and still buys RM bags. LOL. I think there's a time and place for all the pretty bags no matter their price tags. �������� ;)

Not a weirdo but a real connoisseur :smile: It's like knowing your way about the michelin-starred restaurants but not being afraid to tuck into great street food either. All the best gourmands (love Anthony Bourdain!) and chefs do that.

altigirl88

Mar 25, 2015
Thank you haha this was very helpful! I think I will get the embossed leather then :smile: and it doesn't make you a weirdo to own Hermes and a RM bag! I think a true bag love should have a wide range of bags ^^

And whoa I never considered the magnetic clasp wiping out my phone :O that's so scary! My phone is my life too!

My phone isn't an IPhone, but it hasn't been wiped out by the magnets

HavPlenty

Feb 8, 2013
I love both the smooth leather and the wave embossed. I didn't think I would like the embossed leather but I do. It is quite sturdy but it does loosen over time with wear. I really stuff it to the max and I carry it a lot and it has held up quite well. The smooth leather one is fine though I don't carry it nearly as much.

Nov 16, 2010
Not a weirdo but a real connoisseur :smile: It's like knowing your way about the michelin-starred restaurants but not being afraid to tuck into great street food either. All the best gourmands (love Anthony Bourdain!) and chefs do that.

Oh my gosh! Thank you so much for saying this. I completely feel this way! Yes I love all good food too. 😊☺️😋😘