can't decide between a birkin 30 or 35

everyone talks about the 35 being a better size, but can anyone detail WHAT actually fits into a 30 and what fits into a 35?

can anyone maybe compare it to a popular designer bag from this past year, possibly LV speedy 30, or Gucci pelham/abbey, Prada gauffre, Tod's D-bag, or Chanel Grand shopping tote? or whichever other popular bags you can think of?

hey everyone,

i need help from you all! i'm going to purchase a black togo w/gold or silver hardware, but can't decide on size. i've never compaired both side by side so don't really know how much bigger the 35 is vs a 30. i stand at the height of 5'10'' and very thin.......which size would you guys recommend on me wearing? which size is the most popular one by the way. thanks for replying

You have the height advantage to carry a 35cm, no problem. 30cm might look quite tiny for you. That said, it's not all about aesthetics and how the bag measures up with your body frame. It's also about whether you will find a 35cm significantly heavier than a 30cm in the same leather.

35cm is very popular here in Asia. It's often recommended because it's got more oomph .... For a bag this big, it's bound to be an attention grabber.

I was to-ing and fro-ing with the 35cm and finally made up my mind that 30cm is great with me, and 32cm HAC is for days I need to dump a cardigan inside the bag. It would be fantastic if Hermes produces a 32cm Birkin! That would be all so swell!

If you go solely by height I say the 35.

Ask yourself though...how much will you be carrying? If you don't carry much your inside contents will swim all around in the bag. Sometimes buying larger isn't always the best. I feel you need to think about that just a bit.

If you are thin you could get away with both sizes.

The 35 does have a really great look compared to the 30...it is also heavier.