can't bring my LV with me =(

louisLVoe

Jul 16, 2009
I'm going on a trip with my bf tomorrow, and he won't let me bring my louis with me. I asked him, and he told me, "I wish you wouldn't bring it". We will be away for a month and I don't know if I can be away from my louis that long. Ugh! that irritates me. Why would he not want me to bring it? I don't understand. :confused1:

We are going to Wisconson to visit his parents, then we are going on a road trip to Colorado. I think that he is embarrassed to have me carry that bag, because people are going to think my family has money.

If that's the reason, I think it's ridiculous. Carry what you want or you'll be miserable the whole time.

Tell him if anyone says anything that you'll deal with it and them in a mature and congenial way.

Is it the first time you are meeting them?
I would bring one bag.. And not a flashy monogram one.. ;)
They will know sooner or later anyway.. Maybe just say it was a gift, if they ask..

Maybe he wants you to have lika a "casual roadtrip" together, but I don't think he should say no if he knows how much it means for you.. I agree with psulion08, you should never try to be someone your not. Let them get to know the real you, with or without the bags! Do what feels right for you!

Thanks for all your input. I figured out why he doesn't want me to bring it. Since it's expensive and all, he doesn't want it to get damaged. Why does he care? because he knows if anything expensive I own gets dirty or something, I get angry. Anyway, one day my cousin accidently spilled sweet & sour sauce on one of my expensive shoes and I got so angry, I was crying. So being the result of that incident, he doesn't want my LV to get damaged or ruined, because he knows if it does, I will get so angry and it will ruin my whole trip. Hm..that explains it all now.

Last edited:
maybe he just wants u to have a good time and not have to worry about what to do with your LV...u sound like me, always obsessing over where to put my bag :shame:, and it might take away from your trip. also, if ur going to see his parents, do they have a thing against things like LV or might think ur wasting money, or worse, his? :lecture: while u dont want to be someone ur not, there is no need to flash such things, esp if u dont know them too well, they will learn with time. there's also the fact that while u r on the road, u don't want to be pegged as someone $$...while it might be hard to leave it behind, i'd say keep the peace, bring a bag that isn't loved quite as much, and enjoy your trip! :biggrin:

Bring your bag and enjoy it, I have never understood people putting these bags away for good wear none of us know if we have tommorrow or not . I say use and enjoy your boyfriend will get over it.

Thanks for all your input..My speedy 30 means a lot to be, because it was my first LV. I really want to bring it, but at the same time I don't want it to get damaged or stolen. I worry about my purse all the time. Making sure it doesn't get dirty, damaged or rubbed against something. and if i put it down, it's not in a wet spot or some place dirty. Maybe I'll just leave it behind and bring a bag that I don't have to worry about every second. I do want to have a good time, and not worry about my purse getting dirty, but at the same time i brought it to Cabo and I didn't have a problem there. Ugh! I can't make up my mind.

While your bf doesn't have the right to tell you what you can and can't do, he makes a valid point. He probably just doesn't want you to worry about your bag and spend the entire trip taking care of it. After all, it is a vacation and you should spend that time enjoying yourselves. I brought my lv on a recent trip and hardly used it because I found it to be somewhat of a hassle looking after it. Enjoy your trip carefree and your bag will be home waiting for you when you get back. You know what they say, absence makes the heart grow fonder ;)