can't bring my LV with me =(

maybe he just wants u to have a good time and not have to worry about what to do with your LV...u sound like me, always obsessing over where to put my bag :shame:, and it might take away from your trip. also, if ur going to see his parents, do they have a thing against things like LV or might think ur wasting money, or worse, his? :lecture: while u dont want to be someone ur not, there is no need to flash such things, esp if u dont know them too well, they will learn with time. there's also the fact that while u r on the road, u don't want to be pegged as someone $$...while it might be hard to leave it behind, i'd say keep the peace, bring a bag that isn't loved quite as much, and enjoy your trip! :biggrin:

ITA

You admit that you're obsessed with it so it is probably best to take something else. He is not telling you to be dishonest with yourself or to pretend you are someone else. He is asking you to value the trip with him. I don't think this is too much to ask.

Also, should you decide to take it with you and should something bad were to happen to your bag (big IF), then you would be very upset. This would definitely ruin your trip together.

If you are committed to a long term relationship with him then you should be aware that there will always be compromises for both to make a relationship work.

I completely agree with what hellokitty99, Shells, & Mimster said. I want to have a good time and enjoy my trip, not worrying about my purse every second.

Last edited:
If I wanted to bring my bag, i would just bring it. Everyone else could just deal with it IMO. bring your bag! But if you might baby it too much, then bring another bag. Do you have a damier bag to bring?

Bring alternate bag during family time... Or feel out the situation.... Maybe his parents won't care/dont take notice to what you're wearing.

Case in point:
Last weekend I went to a family function with dbf. Excited to wear my new CL archteks (sp?) for the first time. Dbf asked "do you need to wear THOSE?" I said yes! Went to family function... Not one person looked or commented about my shoes! And there were a lot of older/younger trendy family members there.

Some ppl dunno what LV or some luxury items are!

Havee funn!

the ebene is a worry-free bag so i guess it's ok to bring it. your bf should understand that bags are not meant to stay in the closet. bring it, use it, flaunt it and enjoy it!:winkiss:

I'll tell you a story---
It is not about a louis though---so excuse me.
I took my brand new bottega to the circus with my son, because I always always carry what bag I want. I love all of my bags, but I also feel it is a total waste if I don't use them. Anyway, somehow my bag ended up on the circus floor which was full of cotton candy, soda and anything and everything else you can imagine. And after I wiped it down with some water from the circus bathroom sink, it dried up perfectly. Like brand new. So, I say use your bags, enjoy them. They are not to be museum pieces in the closet.

Wow! My advice to you would be to carry what YOU want. I hate when people are more concerned then you about YOUR things. I've been married for almost 5 yrs and I wish my DH would "TELL" me not to wear, do, or bring something. I mean I am grown!!! If you cater to what he wants as his girlfriend if you guys last through to marriage he WILL expect the same... I'm not docile meek or mild, I do me always. Consider his feelings but at the end of the day you MUST do what makes YOU happy!!! "TO THY OWN SELF BE TRUE!!!"

There are always compromises in relationships. Personally, I think taking the LV would be selfish and immature. It's all well and good doing what you want to do and yadda yadda yadda, but sometimes, and I'm speaking from experience, other people tend to know our weaknesses better than we know them ourselves. Granted, taking the LV may make you a little bit happier, but is your bf's happiness not worth more? Especially when you take into account that for the other 11 months of the year you can carry whichever bag you wanted.

Sacrifice!